Why Wait for the Future When You Can Create It
Honeywell offers employees the opportunity to work on the world’s most exciting projects, redefining the cities we live in, the buildings where we work, and the vehicles that move us.
We are currently seeking a Sr Strategic Planning Manager to lead, managing and direct all of the strategic and operational marketing and customer related activities. The appointee to the role will report directly to Indonesia President Director and matrix to VP, Strategy & Marketing, High Growth Region.
He/she will work with the SBU leadership team to identify, document and execute a growth strategy for the business. This person will also work with the business and functional leaders to create and prioritize a strategic growth plan for the business and provide the feedback to the company leadership to identify and prioritize where-to-compete area, to include competitive product offerings, and product development ideas.
The successful candidate will work closely with manufacturing and sourcing, engineering and R&D, internal senior executives, field sales organization, key business partners and the senior management team to maximize the growth, development and return on investment of the organization’s product portfolio today and in the future. Oversees development of customer insights and business/market intelligence development, syndicated data, sales analysis and corresponding presentations so as to identify and capitalize on the most advantageous business opportunities.
Take the ownership of driving the company’s and SBG/SBU wide growth initiatives, to deliver increased revenue and profit to achieve company’s ambitious growth. He / she will plan and coordinate the implementation of business plans to penetrate the new market opportunities.
Specifically, the appointee will:
Manage marketing activities.
- Build a cohesive market understanding by doing business and market research, define marketing and business development strategies aligned to the long strategic plan.
- Align functional plans with the strategic plan. Lead integrated cross-functional teams to execute plan to drive outstanding financial results.
- Identify branding opportunities to further expand product/service line, penetration, as well as positioning advantages.
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing plans focusing on growing sales and increasing profitability.
- Develop forward looking product/service plans that enable profitable growth into the future.
- Identification of cross-selling opportunities that fully utilize the breadth of Honeywell’s product and service offerings across all businesses.
- Investigate marketing opportunities with significant scale and synergy to drive growth and leverage current portfolio of products.
- Develop and implement all marketing department standards, policies and procedures.
- Build world class marketing capabilities, processes and tools.
- Use Honeywell management operating system to drive results.
Develop and maintain a strategic plan for business growth:
- Develop strategic plans that enable businesses to grow faster than their markets, the candidate will work as a consultant to the company leadership to identify new ways to improve business, develop and penetrate into new segments, portfolio analysis and assessment to identify revenue and growth plans by market and product segment.
- Identification and evaluation of organic growth strategies by product line.
- Identification and evaluation of inorganic growth strategies including acquisitions, alliance, licensing, and partnership opportunities linked to the strategic plan.
- Fact-based analysis of market trends; competitive data; technology advancements; and customer needs assessment and new product developments.
- Creation of a prioritized strategic technology development plan for the business.
- Together with ASEAN Strategic Marketing Director, to identify the potential development of Southeast Asia regional strategic plans to expand globally or regionally.
The successful candidate is expected to be a high-energy, creative and resourceful self-starter who demonstrates leadership skills and instincts. He/she is highly intelligent and enthusiastic with a commitment to excellence. In terms of personal competencies, the successful candidate must be a hands-on person who possesses the best combination of strategic thinking and drive to achieve tangible business results. The candidates must be able to balance theoretical thought with practical. In addition, he/she should possess the following competencies:
- Strategic Marketing Skills: Deep understanding and experience with the ability to practically apply, as well as coach others to do so. Makes a strong link between strategy and functional results.
- Leadership: A confident, mature person with the ability to connect and inspire others. A proven track record of leading projects and teams that successfully achieve milestones and complete deliverables.
- Results-Oriented: A driver who possesses the ability to take actions and implement effective solutions in a timely manner
- Problem Solver: A creative yet pragmatic problem solver. Methodical and hands-on as well as detail-oriented
- Analytical Thinking and Decision-Making: A “conceptualizer” of enterprise and market trends/issues who can then integrate that thinking into marketing and business strategies. Decisive and logical at thoroughly evaluating issues. Excellent planning, execution and project-management skills.
- Teamwork and Interpersonal Skills: A team player and builder, receptive to ideas from others. Shares information and keeps team members and partners informed. Works effectively with others to identify and resolve issues. Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to interact successfully with all levels of management as well as a diverse work force.
- Ethics: Highest level of professional integrity and honesty as well as personal credibility.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 8 to 10 years experience in similar leadership role. He/she must have success leading marketing, strategic planning, business development and growth initiatives.
The successful candidate will also have skills in strategic marketing with experience in assessing, analyzing and solving complex strategic business issues. In addition to management consulting or equivalent strategic planning experience, it is critical that the successful candidate must possess analytical and implementation skills, and [e.g., plant, engineering, marketing, sales, strategy, etc. ], having been a leader in the military, worked in an applied role in a business, or other relevant hands-on experience where significant impact was achieved. The ideal experience base for this position would include a combination of marketing, strategy, and operation.
He/she is an excellent broad-based business thinker who can collaborate effectively with peers and executive functional and senior business line leaders.
Specifically, the successful candidate should bring:
- Proven strategic marketing, strategy formulation and product/business positioning skills.
- Solid commercial development and marketing expertise in a B2B and B2C environment with significant growth expectation.
- Broad strategic analysis skill set complimented with a detail orientation.
- Global operations exposure, with experience in developing effective global business strategies and marketing plans across many different operating environments.
- International experience and culturally savvy.
- Results to growing a business with profitable, organic and acquisition-oriented initiatives that leverage a company’s core technology, cost and competitive advantages.
- Experience with the implementation of growth, new business development and marketing initiatives that lead to stronger market penetration.
- Proven ability to successfully direct start-up business opportunities, including market assessment, strategic planning, objective setting and implementation.
- Track record of establishing short and long term market and product growth goals, then executing operating plans to achieve them.
- Strong business acumen, “street smarts” and an in-depth understanding of the marketing and financial implications of new opportunities.
- Ability to understand and add value to high-level management interactions, with a proven ability to develop and “sell” creative business strategies.
- Experience managing in a matrixed and lean culture that continuously prioritizes operational excellence.
- Exceptional leadership skills, energy and teaming capability; the ability to lead and motivate, share vision, inspire and rally colleagues.
- An undergraduate degree in marketing, business or technical discipline is required. An MBA is highly desirable (top-tier school preferred).