Honeywell Aerospace is a $10B+ SBG (Strategic Business Group) with 40,000 employees in over 125 domestic and international locations. We are a leading global aviation supplier designing, manufacturing, and distributing advanced electronic systems, products, and services to commercial, defense and space industries.
Innovate to solve the world’s most important challenges
As Automation Project Engineer, you will join a team that designs, develops and integrates highly complex systems within Honeywell. You will be integral in creating system solutions that meet the evolving needs of our customers. You will be involved in every aspect of the systems life cycle; from the front end of business development through product end of life.
- Participates in initial System Design Review in collaboration with engineering specialists using Distributed Control Systems DCSs
- Prepares DCS programs integrating subroutines, programs and device’s mapping.
- Supports commissioning, design changes and provision of marks-up as-built project documentation.
- Participates in control automation systems audits.
- Supports continuous improvement of project process/product/ system design via provision of lessons learned feedback.
- Delivers on house assignments as per the agreed timeline, and set quality standards.
- Follows work plans and cost estimates for work in commissioning, troubleshooting and support activities.
- Maintains and tracks issues list and reports progress to Lead Engineer, as requested.
- Ensures accurate application and implementation of standard processes and tools in preparing accurate DCS programing.
- Uses standard processes and procedures to ensure all commissioning activities comply with the required safety regulations and satisfy contractual requirements.
- Reports processes and tools inefficiencies and suggests improvements ideas.
- Supports in conducting risk and opportunity assessments during commissioning phase and in handling technical risks by following mitigation guidelines.
- Identifies potential Hazards and reports to Site management
- Interacts with customer and support them on request.
- Communicates and brings to closure all internal & customer created issue lists.
You must have
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechatronics, Robotics, Control Automation, Electrical, Electronic or Similar)
- 3+ years’ experience in project engineering, including DCS and PLCs
- 3+ years’ experience using Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ability to work non-standard hours (some after hours, weekends and holidays) as needed
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Availability to travel
- Experience in refinery process
- Previous industry experience
- Previous customer service experience
- Good written and oral communication
- Advanced Degree
- Good presentation skills
- Application programming experience
- Microsoft Operating Systems administration experience
- Relational Data bases administration experience
- Ethernet Network administration
- Industrial Protocols (Modbus, Profibus, Fieldbus, etc.) knowledge
- Knowledge of Honeywell´s Control Systems
- Project Management PMI Knowledge
- CAD design applications experience