Honeywell invents and manufactures technologies that address some of the world�s most critical challenges around energy, safety, security, productivity and global urbanization. We are uniquely positioned to blend physical products with software to support connected systems that improve buildings, factories, utilities, and aircraft, and that enable a safer, more comfortable and more productive world.
Innovate to solve the world’s most important challenges
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
As a Software Engineer I at Honeywell Aerospace Engineering & Technology Aguadilla, Puerto Rico, you will be working within the Sensing Guidance and Navigation (SGN) Center of Excellence (CoE) Software Team.
Under minimum supervision of an experienced software engineer, you must apply software engineering and analytical skills while following the organization’s software processes.
Software projects will be an evolution of legacy software per additional or changed customer/project requirements. You will be a member of a cross-functional development team where communication and teaming skills are highly valued.
- Manage requirements, design, code, test, and integrate real-time embedded software for Inertial
- Navigation Systems with an embedded Global Positioning System receiver
- Generate required software documentation
- Analyze and resolve software discrepancies
- Read, write and speak English
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited university
- Must have graduated, from an accredited college or university, since December 2018, or will graduate by August 2020
- Must have obtained degree within 12 months of the date of hire
- Due to US Export Control Laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have a protected status
- Master of Science (MS)
- Strong problems solving, analytical and programming skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office (word, excel, and power point)
- ADA and C languages software programming experience
- Experience working with Inertial Navigation Systems, GPS, Arinc-429, Mil-Std-1553, DOD-Std-2167A, DO-178C and SEI CMMI
- Strong math background
- Embedded real time software programming experience
- Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.