We have been innovating for more than 100 years – and now we’re creating what’s next.
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings intelligent and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Honeywell changes the way the world works.
For more than 130 years, we’ve solved the toughest customer challenges through a rare combination of our industrial expertise and our innovations in ground breaking software and technology, and industry-leading automation.
This perfection is built on a foundation of inclusion, diversity and driving a performance culture that values integrity and ethics.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Be part of a team assessing and driving achievement of program specific performance within Honeywell Aerospace Engines & Power Systems. You will partner with world class engineering’s and leaders to implement product strategies, develop program schedules and milestones, define technology roadmaps, and drive improvements in engineering quality and productivity for propulsion engines.
- Schedule and Milestone development/mgmt.
- Customer relationships
- Understand technology
- Estimation development and analysis
- Cost development
- Budget analysis
- Metric development/reporting
- Risk/OPP development and management
- Vendor interface
- Project Performance
Travel within US and/ or internationally may be required-10%
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 7+ years experience with propulsion engines and APUs
- 2+ years experience using Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook)
- Due to export control regulations, this position requires US citizenship status
- Create, support and enhance specific action plans
- Promote customer relationships
- Understand technology
- Program management skills
- Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events
- Ability to convey subtle or complex messages clearly, as appropriate for the topic and audience
- Demonstrated Earned Value Management skills
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.