We have been innovating for more than 100 years – and now we’re creating what’s next.
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Seeking Lead Global Project Engineer with business and financial acumen, to work within the Global Engineering Services (GES) organization that has extensive mechanical aftermarket product knowledge and experience, to provide technical direction to the Honeywell R&O and Channel Partner (CP) network. Will be required to drive novel, Bigger, Bolder, Faster and Make it Happen engineering development projects. Take ownership and drive GES RDE projects and GPE support on engines to exceed goals through cost reduction, conversion and scrap savings, drive repair capability expansion. This position is located at the Honeywell Phoenix Sky Harbor.
- Acts as a key focal point for driving and implementing GES goals and objectives
- Lead GES productivity financial acumen to ensure productivity compliance
- Provide primary technical, business and financial direction for GES engineers supporting all Honeywell mechanical and channel partner repair sites
- Lead R&O technical support for T55, T53, TFE731 and TPE331 engines
- Support $16.8M cost reduction (HCMO Hot Section Repairs & and T55 repair development) from Phoenix
- Lead proposals to address future business opportunities, value engineering, and program/process changes
- Lead engineering strategies to reduce repair cost and improve project management from solution development through deployment
- Represent GES and be recognized as a technical expert in cross-functional teams such as In-Service Resolution Boards (IRB), Product Action Committees (PAC), and Global Business Enterprises (GBE)
- Provide measurable input into GES and ISC processes, standards, and operating plans in support of the team’s business strategies
- Develop program plans for expanding repair capability with new repair processes, and provide input to improve the entry-into-service process for repair of newly developed products
- Convince internal and external customers and suppliers to agree on solutions with problems such as repair delivery disruptions, no-fault-found situations, warranty review, and first-year-in-service failures
- Lead cross-functional teams through the Corrective Action Request (CAR) process and negotiate solutions to prevent defects from being introduced into product repair processes
- Communicate directly with internal and external customers and suppliers about status on resolutions for problems such as repair delivery disruptions, no-fault-found situations, warranty review, and first-year-in-service failures
- Mentor junior engineers and provide backup support for their tasks
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Technology
- 15 years of experience working in the aerospace industry
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements
- Industrial design talent
- Ability to lead, motivate, develop and mentor others
- Mechanical Engineering degree
- Significant experience in software related field
- Significant experience with new product development in a highly regulated environment
- Ability to analyze and solve complex and challenging problems
- Effectively operate in a matrix organization
- Experience working in global teams across time zones
- Track record of successful contribution to products & projects
- Master’s Degree in engineering, Science, Technology, or Business
- Timely decisions in the face of complexity while balancing analysis with decisiveness
- Ability to estimate/quantify business impact of engineering solutions and mentor other engineers
- Highly motivated and business-results oriented with bias for action and disciplined execution
- Ability to learn and comply with import and export regulations (EAR and ITAR)
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, able to interface with all professional and technical disciplines within a repair environment
- Program Management experience
- Advanced communications/presentation/ leadership/people skills are essential
- Strong experience presenting projects to executive level leadership
- Intimately familiar with FAA Aftermarket regulations
- Ability to think big, bold, courageous, challenges conventional wisdom and legacy practices
- Leads by example – positive, big picture perspective, personal accountability
- Demonstrated business acumen
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.