Honeywell Aerospace is a $10B+ SBG (Strategic Business Group) with 40,000 employees in over 125 domestic and international locations. We are a leading global aviation supplier designing, manufacturing, and distributing advanced electronic systems, products, and services to commercial, defense and space industries.
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Join our newly formed Honeywell Robotics team and embark on an exciting journey to design novel Robots and Robotics Systems for deployment in Warehouse and Logistics sectors around the world. In this role you will architect, design, develop and test Industrial Robots in an Agile fashion, all in a virtual world. Our goal is to achieve “one simulation run equals one real run” of a given Robot and its sequence of operations in a wider scope that includes Warehouse or Distribution Center environments.
We also want you to help enable our sales and marketing teams to quickly assess customer opportunities and recommend realistic and workable Honeywell solutions both at the Robot and System level using these simulations and demonstrate clear business value.
To accomplish this objective, you will be developing simulations and/or adapting commercial simulation tools. The final work product must be able to simulate robot dynamics and demonstrate realistic simulated complex interactions between multiple actors: objects being manipulated, workers and other connected machines in various applications and environments that we typically encounter in this sector. This may require simulating sensors and sensor fusion, mechatronics, individual work items, environment, device physics, embedded digital control and Machine Learning Algorithms as well as the entire workflow interfacing to Honeywell’s Momentum or select third party Warehouse Execution Systems (WES). Simulations should run in the cloud as well as GPU clusters and validated with test results.
You will also collaborate with both internal and external partners to develop the necessary data infrastructure and governance to enable simulation and testing of Cloud Robotics technologies.
YOU MUST HAVE
- M.S. or PhD is preferred
- 2+ years experience developing for robotic applications in ROS/ROS2 or similar robotic middleware
- 2+ years experience in game development or game engines such as Unreal, Unity, DirectX and/or Vulkan
- 2+ years of experience performing discrete-event, kinematic, dynamic simulations or other computer simulations in environments such as
- Emulate3D, Gazebo, VREP, Nvidia Isaac, Arena, FlexSim, Anylogic, Webots, etc.
- 4+ years of experience developing in C++, C#, Python, MATLAB/Simulink, and Java Script
- Ability to translate complex real-world mechanisms, sensors, and instruments into a simulated environment
- Must have experience in at least one of the following: AL/ML algorithms, computer vision concepts, and/or methods for synthetic data generation
- Experience solving complex engineering problems with innovative approaches
- Familiarity of theory and practices of Model-based Systems Engineering (MBSE) technologies and tools.
- Experience with physics engines such as PhysX, Bullet, or ODE
- Experience working with industrial robotic manipulators, AMRs and other robotic systems
- Experience in PLC programming and hardware-in-the-loop simulation
- Experience in AWS, Azure, Honeywell Forge, and/or similar cloud environments