The Spaceship Company (TSC) is an affiliate of Virgin Galactic as a space-system manufacturing organization. Headquartered at Mojave Air and Space Port in Mojave, California, it is building and testing a fleet of WhiteKnightTwo carrier aircraft and SpaceShipTwo reusable spaceships that, together, form Virgin Galactic’s human spaceflight system. Like many Virgin companies across the world, its team of over 500 talented and dedicated engineers, technicians and professionals are drawn together by a willingness to disrupt and challenge the status quo and deliver innovative aerospace solutions to our customers’ needs. TSC’s extensive capabilities encompass preliminary vehicle design and analysis, manufacturing, ground testing, flight testing and post-delivery support.
TSC and the greater Virgin Organization has a relaxed and informal culture that encourages individuality and innovation. You will be motivated, enterprising and enthusiastic. Company culture is such that you need to be able to “check your ego at the door”, be a self-starter, and possess a sense of humility. You will work well under commercial pressure and thrive on being given challenges and responsibility. You will communicate clearly and be confident and persuasive. You will have a high level of integrity and understand the need of complete confidentiality.
Who you are
You’re an HR pro: you have relevant HRIS experience, a commitment to data integrity, and experience in training those around you to make you a force for good in spearheading best practices. When problems appear, you’re the on-call fixer, applying your methodical approach to clean up even the stickiest of situations; you look past the obvious solution, checking in with all sources to uncover any hidden issues lying dormant. You’re priority-focused; you quickly identify critical projects, separating essential tasks, you can spot and avoid roadblocks miles ahead, which keeps you on track and focused. You are a critical thinker; you have the ability to understand the logical connections between ideas, improve creative ideas, and think outside of the box. Most importantly you are technically savvy; you’re an Excel wizard and you have a clear understanding of database structures and data integrity
- As a key role in the People Team, you will support the administration and maintenance of configuration and development of our Human Capital system, including testing, training, and supporting the stages to upgrade, develop, and build new processes
- Recommend system enhancements and packages that provide technology advancement, automation, value and stay in line with the company’s goals and culture
- Utilize the Business Intelligence reporting tool to review and audit data on a periodic basis and coordinate corrective action with corresponding departments/people to help enure integrity of systems and processes
- Identify and track system or related process issues including documenting contingencies that occur during the entire course for a proper audit trail of resolution
- Manage system security, user access and permissions, system reporting, and other routine elements of the HR systems
- Assist in creating and maintaining custom interfaces between different internal and external systems
- Partner with internal/external third parties and other stakeholders (ie. payroll, finance, benefits administrator, vendors, etc.)
- Comply with HIPAA privacy and security requirements to maintain patient and employee confidentiality at all times
- Acts as a system subject matter expert
- Support all other HR initiatives
What you bring
Education and Experience
- Preferably have a BS/BA with 5+ years of proven HRIS experience. Experience in a start-up organization or a highly unique cultural environment.
- Proficient with HRIS systems, Ultipro is a plus
- Understanding of data recording and analysis
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Experience in handling inquiries and concerns and delivering heartfelt service
- Understands the importance of confidentiality
- Excellent analytical and math skills
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to effectively use MS Office applications, including intermediate Excel and Outlook skills
- Ability to independently analyse and solve problems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels in the organization
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain te required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
The Spaceship Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Spaceship Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.