MDA Canada became a part of the newly formed company “Maxar Technologies” in 2017 and we are in the final stages of a multi-year project initiative to update our HR operating model to support our company’s future business growth and development.
We are seeking at Human Resources Administrator with excellent customer and communication skills to join our HR team. As the HR Administrator, you will be an integral part of the Human Resources administration team, responsible for managing the high volume of day-to-day administration and coordination activities. In this junior generalist role, the HR Administrator is the core owner of HRIS data and reporting, the first point of contact for employee inquiries and a key participant in various HR projects. Key responsibilities include:
- Maintains electronic, physical and HRIS personnel records in compliance with Company policy and all applicable legislation
- Assists managers and employees with effective use of WorkDay as a self-service tool for inputting information. Audits and ensures accuracy and completion of all relevant employee information and maintains data integrity.
- Produces regular and ad-hoc reports from the HRIS to assist HR Management, Operations, and/or Finance, as needed.
- Key ambassador for employee onboarding through weekly welcome presentation and monthly benefits orientation.
- Maintains company Timesheet System and act as employee interface; conducts timesheet audits as and processes adjustments, as required.
- Provides basic navigational guidance, and rerouting of employee inquiries to HR team members on various HR-related issues including policies, vacation, and benefits programs.
- Oversees administration of several employee programs (i.e. professional develop dollars, length of service awards, and peer awards.)
- Key liaison for all special events and celebrations within the HR Department
- Support HR Manager and HR business partners in presenting information, organizing training, and contributing to various projects and initiatives within the department.
- Assist with additional ad hoc duties as necessary.
- Our ideal candidate is curious, collaborative, and innovative. They take pride in a job well done and have fun along the way! We deal with lots of change and ambiguity, but we do it as a team and we like to laugh together as we learn and evolve.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an entry-level human resources or similar role in a dynamic, fast paced environment, with a strong customer service orientation.
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources and/or Business Administration strongly preferred but will consider experience in lieu of education. CPHR candidate or certification is preferred.
- Superior communication skills (oral and written) with all levels of employees, with an understanding and appreciation of customer requirements
- Sense of urgency with the ability to respond in a timely and efficient manner
- Excellent organizational and planning skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities
- Serious about HR as a profession; we want someone with potential to grow into an HR Business Partner role.
- Strong technology orientation, with the ability and/or experience to utilize an HRIS system and other technology to create customized reporting to support business objectives; preference will be shown to candidates who have experience with the WorkDay HRIS.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, with intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to follow through and deliver results
- Must possess tact, diplomacy and the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company’s retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.