MDA develops and delivers advanced surveillance and intelligence solutions, defence and maritime systems, radar geospatial imagery, space robotics, satellite antennas, and communication subsystems.
The HR Manager, Richmond, is a key leader and strategic partner to our Richmond leadership team. The incumbent works closely with local leadership to develop HR solutions and deliver business objectives. They provide leadership coaching, handle complex/escalated ER issues, and directly supervise a team of three permanent employees and one temp.
MDA’s Richmond facility operates under the MDA Government Business Unit. Our employees build large, complex, information systems that use earth observation technology to provide defense, surveillance, and intelligence services to government customers.
The HR Manager, Richmond, is a key leader and strategic partner to the Richmond leadership team. The incumbent works closely with local leadership to develop HR solutions and deliver business objectives. They provide leadership coaching, handle complex/escalated ER issues, and directly supervise a team of three permanent employees and one temp.
The HR Manager represents their business to MDA Canada and/or Maxar Technologies as they develop standardized programs, policies, and technologies in our evolving organization.
- Direct Supervision of two HR Business Partners and one HR Administrator; providing coaching, training, performance management, task assignment, and career development,
- Ensure HR services are provided appropriately to internal client needs and identify new value added opportunities,
- Maintains strong relationships with management group to understand business goals, opportunities and challenges.
- Execute on an HR plan that drives retention, engagement, career development, effective teamwork, and healthy work environment.
- Facilitate strong employee relations and employment practices in order to create a positive, ethical and effective work environment,
- Deliver training/communication sessions for employees and managers with respect to company programs, policies, or processes,
- Partner with COE Leads (Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition) on the local execution and roll-out of national/global programs related to recruitment, employer brand, diversity, compensation, and benefits,
- Represent Richmond business units to MDA Canada and/or Maxar HR in the development of national or global programs and policies,
- Project and change management related to roll-out of HR programs and technology,
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Generally requires a College/University degree in Human Resources or Business Administration
- 10 years’ experience in a human resources generalist capacity with 3-5 years being in a management or senior HR role
- The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvement in business objectives, productivity, and development of HR within the company.
- A hands-on and creative approach to understanding employee perspectives; the ability to monitor ‘the pulse’ of employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement.
- Strong Computer skills including, Word, Outlook, Excel; Experience with WorkDay HRIS is a strong asset.
- The ability to be comfortable with high volume workload and shifting priorities
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects; strong change management orientation. Ability to lead programs from conception, to execution, to measuring results.
- Success in creating and driving effective employee relations and retention programs
- Strong internal and external customer service focus
- Able to obtain Reliability clearance.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company’s retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.