Saving Earth by monitoring and managing water resources. Hydrosat is a data analytics company based in Luxembourg, and we are determined to solve the world’s food challenges. We use space imagery to expand agricultural knowledge, help farmers grow more food, and conserve critical water resources. Our products will make farms more productive, enable companies in the agricultural and related industries to operate more efficiently, and improve Earth’s environment.
We are building a data analytics lab that will apply proprietary algorithms to thermal imagery, and combine this with data fusion capabilities to extract valuable insights. We are looking for bright, creative and ambitious people who can work in a dynamic and collaborative start-up environment. Hydrosat is determined to change the way people use space imagery and revolutionize agriculture. Join us on this mission and help transform the world.
Position: Agricultural Data Scientist
The Data Scientist will be responsible for developing and improving algorithms to identify water stress in farm crops based on remote sensing data. The successful applicant will develop commercial products for farm irrigation management, become an integral member of Hydrosat’s technical team, and will work in collaboration with partner organizations in Luxembourg.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with the biophysical processes determining the relationship between plants, soil, water, and atmosphere. She or he will also be comfortable in using and applying space imagery to agricultural analysis. The Data Scientist will:
- coordinate and advise on farm field experiments;
- use field data and remote sensing platforms to develop evidence-based models of water stress in plants;
- propose and test algorithms for irrigation management on farm level;
- identify and overcome the issues when upscaling these algorithms to different climatic conditions and plant species.
- Minimum requirement: Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural or Environmental Sciences, Remote Sensing, or a related field; special consideration given for advanced degrees (Master’s/PhD)
- Must have at least 2 years of relevant work experience in a research-focused role.
Skills and Experience
- Experience / Familiarity with programming in Python and other data processing software
- Knowledge of statistical analysis
- Experience with remote sensing and thermal imaging is considered an asset
- Highly self-motivated, keen learner able to solve challenging problems with creative solutions
- Organizational skills
- Able to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Spoken and written proficiency in English
- Proficiency in one of the official languages of Luxembourg is desirable (French, German or Luxembourgish)
Start Date Immediate
Contract Type Full Time, Permanent
If you are interested in joining our team, send your application with the following documents:
- CV / resume
- List of any publications
- Names of two or three references
Hydrosat is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to hiring top talent and creating an inclusive environment where all people can be and do their best.