Saving Earth by monitoring and managing water resources. Hydrosat is a data analytics company based in Luxembourg, and we are determined to solve the world’s food challenges. We use space imagery to expand agricultural knowledge, help farmers grow more food, and conserve critical water resources. Our products will make farms more productive, enable companies in the agricultural and related industries to operate more efficiently, and improve Earth’s environment. We are building a data analytics lab that will apply proprietary algorithms to thermal imagery, and combine this with data fusion capabilities to extract valuable insights. We are looking for bright, creative and ambitious people who can work in a dynamic and collaborative start-up environment. Hydrosat is determined to change the way people use space imagery and revolutionize agriculture. Join us on this mission and help transform the world.
The Data Scientist will be responsible for developing and improving algorithms for predicting crop yields and irrigation scheduling.
The successful applicant will develop commercial products under the supervision of the Senior Data Scientist. The applicant should be familiar with various remote sensing data (EO and SAR data, from platforms such as Sentinel, Landsat, and MODIS). The Data Scientist will work in collaboration with partner organizations in Luxembourg. The ideal candidate will also apply their strong writing skills in generating proposals with other Hydrosat technical team members for future research activities.
- Minimum requirement: Bachelor’s degree in Data Processing, Remote Sensing, or a related field; special consideration given for advanced degrees (Master’s/PhD)
- Must have at least 2-3 years of relevant work experience specialized in remote sensing and data processing
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of statistical analysis
- Experience / Familiarity with programming in Python and other data processing software
- Highly self-motivated, keen learner able to solve challenging problems with creative solutions
- Organizational skills
- Able to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Spoken and written proficiency in English is mandatory
- Proficiency in one of the official languages of Luxembourg is desirable (French, German or Luxembourgish)
If you are interested in joining our team, send your application with the following documents:
- CV / resume
- List of any publications
- Names of two or three references
Hydrosat is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to hiring top talent and creating an inclusive environment where all people can be and do their best.