Saving Earth by monitoring and managing water resources. Hydrosat is a data analytics company based in Luxembourg, and we are determined to solve the world’s food challenges. We use space imagery to expand agricultural knowledge, help farmers grow more food, and conserve critical water resources. Our products will make farms more productive, enable companies in the agricultural and related industries to operate more efficiently, and improve Earth’s environment. We are building a data analytics lab that will apply proprietary algorithms to thermal imagery, and combine this with data fusion capabilities to extract valuable insights. We are looking for bright, creative and ambitious people who can work in a dynamic and collaborative start-up environment. Hydrosat is determined to change the way people use space imagery and revolutionize agriculture. Join us on this mission and help transform the world.
The focus of this position will be to lead Hydrosat’s development of a computation/archive facility for commercial agriculture products (such as crop maps, yield prediction, and optimum irrigation schedule).
The Senior Scientific Programmer / Data Architect will be responsible for architecting the computation/archive process optimized for processing big data sets – remote sensing data, weather data, and ground truth data.
Hydrosat has developed proprietary algorithms for various agriculture applications. The successful applicant will design the computation/archive facility in consultation with the technical team to build commercial data products for agriculture applications in a cost-effective manner.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) with at 8-10 years of relevant work experience in Computer Engineering
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of computation approaches, especially those that use cloud computing
- Advanced scientific programming skills (Python preferred)
- Able to work effectively across disciplines, particularly with scientists
- Communication and organizational skills
- Familiarity with remote sensing
- Spoken and written proficiency in English is mandatory
- Proficiency in one of the official languages of Luxembourg is desirable (French, German or Luxembourgish)
If you are interested in joining our team, send your application with the following documents
- CV / resume
- List of any publications
- Names of two or three references
Hydrosat is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to hiring top talent and creating an inclusive environment where all people can be and do their best.