The UK’s hyperfast broadband
Senior Software Developer
- Competitive salary plus bonus
- 25 days’ paid holiday increasing each year
- Extra day off for your birthday
- Private medical insurance
- Massages in the office
- Sweet Tuesdays
- Team sports activities
- Recruitment referral bonus
- Bring your dog to work
Who are we?
Hyperoptic is the UK’s hyperfast broadband provider.
- We offer broadband speeds 11x faster than the UK average, proudly setting a new fibre ‘gold standard’ with hyperfast speed, reliability and customer service.
- Here in Belgrade, we support our UK colleagues in a shared mission: to gigabit Britain. Our office started up in Belgrade in 2013 with what was then 20 developers. Now it’s grown into our largest office with more than 500 people.
- Whatever we’re doing, going beyond the expected is the benchmark.
- We work smarter, together, being agile and responding with the speed our business and customers demand – without compromising on quality. We stay focused, performing at our best to ensure we are focused on hitting targets and goals together. And we strive for excellence, paying attention to the detail, constantly seeking to stretch ourselves and find better ways of doing things.
- And today we’re looking for a Senior Software Developer who shares these values. Does this sound like you?
Summary of key responsibilities/deliverables
- Researches, designs, implements, tests, manages and documents software
- Develops core back-end services for internally developed systems
- Integrates with third-party systems. Works closely with BA, front-end and QA teams. Liaises with end-users when needed
- Improves own technical knowledge and gains subject matter expertise
- Guides and mentors less experienced team members
What will you be doing?
- Develop, test and implement new software
Test, maintain and recommend software improvements to ensure strong functionality and optimization
Conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing
Identify ideas to improve system performance and impact availability
Analyze requirements and convert requirements to design documents
Possess up-to-date knowledge of technological developments in the industry
Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external parties
Guide and mentor less experienced team members
What are we looking for?
- University-level education in computer science or similar development
- Any additional development certifications or courses
- 2 or more years of software development experience
- Solid database knowledge, relational and/or non-relational (MySQL preferred)
- Experience with Hibernate and Spring
- Linux knowledge (Ubuntu Bash/Shell Scripting)
- Experience with Apache and Tomcat
- Experience with containerised and cloud deployment (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure…)
- Creative, intelligent, analytical and detail-oriented
- Fluent in English