As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for management of application design, development, and enhancement RPG400, RPG ILE, RPG free, SQL DB2, QUERY MANAGER.
- Design, develop and/or re-engineer complex application components.
- Build iSeries applications enhancement RPG400, RPG ILE, RPG free, SQL DB2, to demonstrate agile and dynamic software support capabilities for the development team.
- Complete activities related to assigned user stories based on priority.
- Work effectively in collaboration with other team members – as well as partners and other support functions when required.
- Continuous focus on improving the application.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 6+ years of experience in application development using RPG400, RPG ILE, RPG free, COBOL 400, SQL DB2, QUERY MANAGER.
- Ability to independently analyze requirements based on given specifications and create a sound design.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Up to 20% or 1 day a week
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy, and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio, and world-class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, have a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society, and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason, and science, we can improve business, society, and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing, and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.