ICEYE is building the world’s largest constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites. The satellites can take images at any time of day – even when it’s cloudy or dark – and those images will let our customers understand the world better and make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world’s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and raised $65 M in financing to date.
We are a Finnish based international scale-up with employees from more than 25 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don’t listen to people who say it can’t be done: we go and do it!
To support the growth of the company, we are looking for an Electronics Engineer to join our passionate group of world-leading engineers. This position is located in our headquarters at Espoo, Finland.
As an Electronics Engineer, you will be responsible for specifying, developing, manufacturing and testing of cutting-edge electronic systems for spacecraft. You will get the chance to work in many areas of electronics including power electronics, high-speed digital systems, control electronics, batteries, and solar panels. You will work closely with our software, FPGA and radio engineers.
SKILLS THAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or comparable
- 2+ years of experience in designing digital and analog circuits with particular focus on the microcontroller, medium power analog circuits, communication and control systems
- Experience in designing multilayer PCBs, both schematics and layout
- Good understanding of design techniques for high-speed digital circuits, particularly DDR3/DDR4, multi-gigabit SERDES (1G, 10G Ethernet, other); experience with tight impedance controlled, timing critical circuits
- Experience with medium power supply generation and conditioning design techniques; experience with a lithium-ion battery and solar panel technologies
- Knowledge of circuit simulation tools like LTspice and Hyperlynx
- Hands-on experience with lab circuits verification and debugging; comfortable with practical hand soldering techniques; familiar with an oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, RF and arbitrary signal generators, bench supplies, and other basic lab equipment
- Basic programming knowledge C/C++, python or similar language
- Basic knowledge of FPGA design techniques
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements
- An agile approach to designing electronics. Multiple fast prototyping cycle
- A job that matters – you will be responsible for building critical parts of our infrastructure, entire spacecraft systems, that our customers around the world will rely on
- Unique experience and opportunity in the aerospace industry, in a company that’s growing fast at a time when everything is possible
- An extremely motivated team of top-tier engineers to work with
- New Space and a start-up culture with the goodies that come with it