ICEYE is building the world’s largest constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites. The satellites can take images at any time of day – even when it’s cloudy or dark – and those images will let our customers understand the world better and make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world’s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and raised $65M in financing to date. We are a Finnish based international startup with employees from more than 25 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don’t listen to people who say it can’t be done: we go and do it!
To support the growth of the company, we are looking for an experienced Flight Software Engineer to join our Engineering team. This position is located in our headquarters in Espoo, Finland.
- Deliver highly reliable system-level software for hardware components.
- Participate in driver development, bring up and hardware enablement on Linux.
- Optimize workloads running on the system for performance and power.
- Package and build system integration.
- Act as an internally facing contributor, working closely with hardware, test, production, and software teams
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, math or science discipline
- 3 years or more of professional experience building, debugging and shipping embedded systems using Linux, Unix, Mac, or real-time operating systems
- 3 years or more of professional experience with C or C++.
Preferred skills an experience
- 3+ years of software engineering in C/C++
- 3+ years developing software for the ARM Cortex family or a similar micro-architecture
- Professional experience with python
- Creative approach to problem-solving, exceptional analytical skills and engineering fundamentals
- Demonstrated ability to develop and debug firmware.
- Hardware debug experience, including familiarity with tools such as the oscilloscope, logic analyzer, protocol analyzer (SPI, CAN, Ethernet or similar)
- Familiarity with SoC level software.
- Shipped high performance, low latency software development.
- Familiar with one or more build environments such as buildroot or OpenEmbedded.
- Comfort with scripting languages such as Python.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- A job that matters
- Unique experience and opportunity in the new space industry
- Extraordinary possibility for self-development, research time, ability to attend training, conferences or certification schemes
- Independent main role with a supportive and diverse work environment, many moved to Finland just to join ICEYE
- Flexible working hours