Do you know why it’s called new space? ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data already available to customers. These satellites can take images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark. Information derived from these images will help our customers understand the world better and help them make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world’s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and have raised $152M in financing to date.
We are a Finnish based international New Space company with employees from roughly 30 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don’t listen to people who say it can’t be done: we go and do it!
Our flood analytics team builds a solution that enables monitoring of floods on a level of 10 cm precision from space within hours. This enables our insurance and government customers to provide timely support to people whose homes are destroyed after hurricanes or tropical storms.
Our flood analytics team is building the Flood solution automation using remote sensing techniques, flood modelling, and 3rd party data.
As a digital terrain modelling (DEM) and remote sensing engineer, your role is, to together with the Flood Analytics team, to build flood estimation models. Accurately modelling terrain and landscape objects is crucial for the output accuracy and your role is to develop the best elevation data input for the flood models.
Background & Skills:
- Practical experience in processing LiDAR data into Digital Terrain Models (DTM) for hydrological purposes.
- Experience of photogrammetry processing into DTM
- Optical and SAR remote sensing data processing experience
- SW development experience, preferably Python
Additional skills that would be beneficial:
- InSAR processing experience
- Experience in combining different DEM sources
- Experienced in working in multi-site development organizations
- A job that matters
- A dynamic new-space environment with a start-up vibe and a scale-up approach
- Space for self-development, research time, training, conferences or certification schemes
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- An extremely motivated team of top-tier engineers and commercial operations to work with
- Inspiring and collaborating, pet-friendly office lounge and silent working space enabling focus
- Nicely equipped gym area
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- Relocation support (flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Compensation for language courses, conferences etc.
- Internal events for employees on a regular basis (e.g. sports events, team-building events, parties etc.)
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Unleash your potential with us and join our next space mission coming up soon!
We are looking forward to receiving your application in English.
Please note that in accordance with ICEYE policy, voluntary consent for background checks is required for individuals being considered for employment globally.