Do you know why it’s called New Space? ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data already available to customers. These satellites can take images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark. Information derived from these images will help our customers understand the world better and help them make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world’s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and have raised $65M in financing to date.
Make Impossible Possible in New Space – Join ICEYE
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
We launched the world’s first small SAR satellite in January 2018. To date, ICEYE has successfully launched a total of 10 SAR satellite missions and has raised $152M in financing. We don’t plan to stop – join our team and let’s achieve great things together!
ICEYE is a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK, Spain, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork, curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
To support the growth of the company, we are now looking for an experienced Customer Operations and Satellite Planning Specialist to join our Operations & Product Delivery team in Warsaw, Poland, or at our headquarters in Espoo, Finland.
As a specialist, you would be in charge of inbound and outbound communication with existing customers and managing orders for satellite imagery in order to assure timely and accurate delivery. This is a full-time position on rotating shifts. The ideal candidate is flexible to work various shifts (including night shifts) and weekends.
Your daily tasks:
- Manage orders from submission to delivery of the final product
- Prepare comprehensive feasibility studies for satellite imagery
- Plan satellite resources for taking SAR images
- Manage the delivery process to include SAR image quality control
- Improve overall customer experience and satisfaction by holding regular business review calls with the customers
- Manage direct communication with customers (by phone, email, or via live chat) to ensure customers are kept up to date with their order status, and communicate any changes/delays to the customer
- Resolve customer questions and complaints
- Coordinate/conduct service training to internal and external customers
- Generate quotes for clients and business partners
- Work closely with other teams (i.e. satellite operators, sales, analytics product software) to resolve project and/or customer related issues
- Improve processes and contribute to the existing documentation
- Report to management on key performance metrics or anomalies
- Maintain a competent understanding of the company’s products, support, and services.
Your attributes that we need:
- GIS background
- 2+ years experience Customer Service in a B2B environment (or excellent communication skills)
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Attention to detail and ability to sustain high levels of accuracy
- Team-player attitude with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills (Linux based systems, Windows environment, MS Office)
- Accountability, dependability, responsiveness, and quality focus
- Familiarity with concepts of semi-automated processes and information flow
- Able to work on rotating shifts
- Able to work on weekends
Your extra ones:
- SAR background
- Knowledge of EO programs, like SNAP
- Knowledge of Customer Service efficiency metrics and readiness to regularly report on them
- Proficiency in any additional language (beyond English)
Our perks and benefits:
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare and occupational insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enabling you to focus
- Regular internal events for employees (e.g. sports events, team-building events, parties, etc.)
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Unleash your potential with us and join our next space mission coming up soon!
We are looking forward to receiving your application in English as soon as possible.
Please note that in accordance with ICEYE policy, voluntary consent for background checks is required for individuals being considered for employment globally.