Your Choice for Persistent Monitoring
Make Impossible Possible in New Space – Join ICEYE
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
We launched the world’s first small SAR satellite in January 2018. To date, ICEYE has successfully launched a total of 14 SAR satellite missions and has raised $152M in financing. We don’t plan to stop – join our team and let’s achieve great things together!
ICEYE is a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK, Spain, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork, curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
To support the growth of the company, we are looking for a Remote Sensing Engineer to join our Analytics Team in the Helsinki area, Finland.
The Analytics team is responsible for building solutions that enable near-real-time assessment of the impact of global natural catastrophes. This empowers insurance, first responder, and government clients to provide timely support to people whose livelihoods are destroyed following natural disasters such as hurricanes, wildfires, earthquakes.
As a remote sensing engineer, you will help establish workflows that leverage geospatial data in a variety of formats and remote sensing image processing techniques to support the development and implementation of ICEYE business solutions in the domain of flood/natural catastrophe monitoring. You are a resourceful and applied engineer keen to apply your expertise to new areas in remote sensing, but also willing to dig in and help with the execution of existing workflows. You will help to establish new techniques, fusing SAR and other remotely sensed data, to create state-of-the-art flood monitoring solutions. You will contribute to existing workflows, such as our core flood product, and help during critical, real-time flood activations, sometimes requiring odd hours of support due to the nature of our changing environment.
What you need to succeed:
- Solid geospatial data processing skills using QGIS, ArcGIS, or equivalent.
- Ability to develop remote sensing workflows using Python scripting.
- Ability to develop and implement image analysis workflows using python geospatial libraries
- Proven experience in the manipulation, handling and analysis of spatio-temporal databases.
- Experience with geospatial (PostGRES) databases using SQL and Python
- Strong statistic/math background and data analysis experience using geospatial
and statistical methods
- Fair knowledge of cloud computing on AWS and data handling on S3
- Experience in delivering solutions based on remote sensing image analysis (optical and SAR ) and geospatial information
- Software development experience, preferably with Python
- Strong data visualization and communication skills
- Terrain modelling and machine learning a plus, but not required.
- SAR knowledge is a plus, but not required.
What we offer:
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enabling you to focus
- Regular internal events for employees (e.g. sports events, team-building events, parties, etc.)
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission