Your Choice for Persistent Monitoring
Make Impossible Possible in New Space – Join ICEYE
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
We launched the world’s first small SAR satellite in January 2018. To date, ICEYE has successfully launched a total of 14 SAR satellite missions and has raised $152M in financing. We don’t plan to stop – join our team and let’s achieve great things together!
ICEYE is a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK, Spain, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork, curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
To support the growth of the company, we are now looking for experienced Software Engineers to join our Ground Station Communications and Satellite Operations Automation teams, in our headquarters in Espoo, Finland, or remotely.
We are looking for experienced software engineers who are able to write mission control software which enables us to manage our satellite constellation. In the Ground Station Communications team, your responsibilities are to write software that ensures successful ground-space connection when transferring data between satellite and ground services and manage data for these activities. In the Satellite Operations Automation team, your responsibilities will focus on automating our constant operations and satellite task scheduling. You will be developing new features, as well as new software from scratch, to make modular and extensible systems, highly available and horizontally scalable. You will help design and implement all layers of it, and also provide APIs to internal stakeholders. Our stack is for the most part Python services running on Kubernetes, and we do a lot of our own DevOps with infrastructure as code, be it Kubernetes manifests or Terraform infrastructure. We follow an agile process, aim at best practices, and are always willing to improve.
What you will do:
- Developing our satellite constellation control components currently written in Python with the flavor of other supporting languages, tools, and frameworks
- Following our agile processes, provide feedback and help to continuously improve them.
- Participating in architecting our future software solutions, creating strong APIs for our microservices.
- Taking ownership of relevant products, gathering feedback from users, and creating plans to incorporate them.
- Keeping your development skills up to date with recent trends and best practices.
- Understanding and maintaining spacecraft domain with relevant interest and experience
What you need to succeed:
- Enjoy working in a team and have the right mix of getting stuff done and having fun.
- A solid hands-on software engineer and you can show it. You get things done, but also know when to take the time to get the design right.
- Outstanding coding skills in Python. Demonstrable interest in learning new software engineering technologies, principles, and methods.
- Understanding of agile software development methodologies and experience working in an agile team before.
- Experience creating CI/CD pipelines as well as working with containers and orchestration.
- Knowledge of GNU/Linux systems is essential, with shell scripting and networking a plus.
- Have worked with and can consider trade-offs of different architectures, such as event-driven versus request/response, microservices versus monolith
- Experience working with software security, microservices, containers, AWS/cloud computing, and infrastructure as code will be seen as a great advantage.
- Understanding spacecraft domain is considered an advantage, but we value eagerness to learn it in case there is no prior experience
What we offer:
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enabling you to focus
- Regular internal events for employees (e.g. sports events, team-building events, parties, etc.)
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission