Make Impossible Possible in New Space
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
We launched the world’s first small SAR satellite in January 2018. To date, ICEYE has successfully launched a total of 14 SAR satellite missions and has raised $152M in financing. We don’t plan to stop – join our team and let’s achieve great things together!
ICEYE is a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK, Spain, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork, curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
To support the growth of the company, we are now looking for an experienced Space Systems Quality Assurance Lead to join our Mission Assurance team. This position is located in our headquarters in Espoo, Finland.
- Oversee and support Space Systems Quality Assurance (Risk management, Reliability, Configuration, Parts-Materials-Processes, Quality and Safety) throughout the life cycle of a Spacecraft. Helping to reduce defects on delivered items and products and to assure the readiness of the spacecraft and its compliance to Customer’s requirements and expectations.
- Interpret and implement, together with Engineering, Missions and Operations teams, our quality assurance processes as well as evaluate adequacy of quality assurance standards in use around the company
- Assure compliance with appropriate quality/agency/industry regulatory requirements
- Work together with the systems and engineering teams to help define overall verification strategy applying multiple approaches: review, analysis, testing and inspection
- Support to define and/or review quality process and standards towards third-party suppliers and their products, support their technical assessment through audits and the acceptance of their items.
- Support the non-conformance and change management processes in Space Systems.
- Collect and compile statistical quality data and metrics. Analyze data to identify areas for improvement in the quality system.
- Communicate transparently the outcomes of Quality Assurance activities within our organization.
- Identify training needs and organize training interventions to meet quality standard
- Act as an internal Quality auditor.
- A degree in a Mechanical, Electrical or Electronics discipline or having had significant experience in a PA/QA role in an Aerospace or related industry
- 5+ years of experience working in PA/QA for a relevant project that has been delivered and is operational
- Has understanding on Software assurance, mostly Python and C
- The candidate has been involved in the quality assurance of operational hardware and the definition, enforcement and monitoring of all aspects from unit through subsystem, system and operational phases.
- Experience in implementing a quality management System methodology preferably in accordance with ISO 9001.
- Strong interpersonal skills – We are looking for a candidate who can make a difference, through collaboration and by influencing others.
- Advanced verbal and written communications skills (technical fluency in English required)
- A well rounded Systems Thinker, who can look at the “big picture”, from a top-down perspective
- Ability to merge parallel top down and bottom up strategies
- Flexibility to manage a degree ambiguity in systems, people and processes to meet strategic need
- Has exposure to embedded systems and software
- Has knowledge of satellite architectures: power system, harnessing, communication interfaces, mechanical structures, as well as support equipment.
- Ability to flexibly cope in time pressured and high stress periods in the mission timeline
- Operational excellence, Green Belt or Black Belt experience is desired
- A job that matters
- A dynamic new-space environment with a start-up vibe and a scale-up approach
- Space for self-development, and research time
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Nicely equipped gym area
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- Relocation support (flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)