Make Impossible Possible in New Space
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
We launched the world’s first small SAR satellite in January 2018. To date, ICEYE has successfully launched a total of 16 SAR satellite missions and has raised $304M in financing. We don’t plan to stop – join our team and let’s achieve great things together!
ICEYE is a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK, Spain, Luxembourg and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork, curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
Are you a Supply Chain Specialist looking for career enhancement? Want to bring your skills to a more exciting sector? What about working in the one the largest growing sectors there is – SPACE!
We are looking for a creative and enthusiastic “Supply Chain Specialist” to round out the Supply Chain team in the task of ensuring we have world class components and technology available for developing and building our unique SAR microsatellites. This position is located in our headquarters in Espoo, Finland.
Your key tasks will include but not be limited to the following;
- RFI/RFP/RFQs, orders, follow-up, quality claims
- Assist in technical and lead in commercial negotiations
- Define and manage optimal stock levels for defined component categories
- Purchasing responsibility for defined component categories
- Support in inbound/outbound logistics and inventory management
- Support in trade compliance related tasks
- Financial reporting
- Invoice verification
We are looking for:
- A commercial background and a technical mind-set
- 3-5 years experience in a supply chain specialist / buyer role or similar dealing with electronic components and PCB’s
- Good team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent English language skills required with Finnish a big plus
- Knowledge of aerospace or satellite industry; suppliers, technologies, parts and standards is a major plus
- Knowledge of import/export procedures is an advantage
What we offer:
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes, including access to a company paid language course
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enabling you to focus
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission