ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
Make Impossible Possible in New Space – Join ICEYE
We launched the world’s first small SAR satellite in January 2018. To date, ICEYE has successfully launched a total of 10 SAR satellite missions and has raised $152M in financing. We don’t plan to stop – join our team and let’s achieve great things together!
ICEYE is a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK, Spain, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork, curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
To support the growth of the company, we are now looking for a Software Engineer – Data Processing Orchestration, to be based in our office in Finland.
About the role?
Software Engineer – help us to orchestrate compute-intensive data processing
ICEYE’s Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) constellation collects hundreds of gigabytes of raw signal data every day. The recorded signal pulses are processed into derivative geospatial data products for further insight extraction and creation of value added services.
The process of turning raw signal data into geospatial image products is both data and compute-intensive, for that matter, ICEYE hosts a data processing infrastructure that is able to keep up with ever growing number of image processing requests. On a daily basis, we process hundreds of SAR images into geospatial products. Today we are looking for fellow engineers to join in our quest for fast and reliable processing of spaceborne remote sensing data.
What you will do:
We are reinforcing our SAR team with engineers interested in generating high-fidelity SAR data that can be used to solve real-world problems, such as flooding and illegal fishing. We look for engineers with a solid background in data, software, and infrastructure engineering for large-scale data processing applications.
You will work as a member of our SAR sensing team, which is responsible for synthesizing the radar aperture and turning radio signals into SAR image products. Your task is to develop and optimize our data workflow orchestration to automate signal processing and product generation tasks. Prior knowledge of remote sensing is not required, while prior knowledge of building and operating a compute and data-intensive processing infrastructure is essential to the position.
- Experience with cloud-native computing
- Used infrastructure as a code for resource and service provisioning
- Experience in distributed clusters and container orchestration
- Solid understanding of Linux and operating systems built on top of it
- Experience with workflow engines or stream/batch processing systems
- Work experience in data-oriented software engineering
- Experience with Golang
- Experience in microservices
- Experience with API development such as http, grpc and cli
- General understanding of good software development practices
As your focus of work will be in the development and maintenance of both software and infrastructure solutions to achieve automated workflow orchestration. This role requires skills generally associated with role descriptions of data engineering (workflow orchestration) and DevOps engineering (operations and infrastructure).
Extra Credit Attributes:
- Previous experience in remote sensing
- Experience with Python
- Done some signal processing in past
- Worked with geospatial data in past
- Familiar with data compression protocols and algorithms
- Performed analytics on top of image datasets
- Worked with map-reduce systems
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, tourism, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, etc.)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- Polish and English lessons at the office (currently remotely due to COVID)
- Occupational healthcare
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enabling you to focus
- Regular internal events for employees
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission.
Are you up for building something that matters? Apply below to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.
Riya Vidhani (Talent Acquisition Partner)