Software Infrastructure Engineer
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 41 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
To support the company’s growth, we are looking for a “Software Infrastructure Engineer” to join our global Data Engineering team. You will report to the Data Engineering Team Lead in this position.
- Improve and maintain our AWS environment.
- Design and develop integrations and services supporting our product delivery.
- Work with Kubernetes to ensure scalability, flexibility, and maintainability of our cloud infrastructure
- Consult, design and develop our CI/CD cloud environments in cooperation with other teams.
- Collaborate with other engineers to solve interesting and ambitious problems.
- Collaborate with key internal team members to determine how to scalably design infrastructure and APIs to meet their needs.
- Create common practices and share knowledge with DevOps engineers in other departments at ICEYE.
- Produce simple, high quality clean code using frameworks, services, and reusable assets where possible and help analysts and scientists in Analytics to write better code through coaching and mentoring.
- Experience on at least one cloud environment (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- You are a strong advocate of IaC and are well versed in Terraform.
- You are skilled at crafting and building robust distributed microservices with tools like Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS/EKS etc.
- You have strong dedication to code quality, automation and operational excellence: CI/CD pipelines, unit/integration tests.
- We work with huge amounts of geospatial data so having experience with those is a big plus.
- You put Agile values into practice every day.
- You are able to effectively collaborate with cross functional partners and explain sophisticated technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- You are comfortable finding your own way and live well in the continuous stream of change that is inevitable in a start-up that is beginning to scale.
- Technical degree (computer science, computer engineering, IT, mathematics…
- Experience in working in a similar role (DevOps engineer, cloud engineer, software engineer)
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation assistance) is Optional if the job requires it
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes, including access to a company-paid language course.
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enable you to focus
- A wide variety of the best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Diversity & inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.