At ICEYE, we are on a mission to improve the quality of life on earth, the quality of our decisions, and the quality of data that drives both.
Do you know why it’s called new space?
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data already available to customers. These satellites can take images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark. Information derived from these images will help our customers understand the world better and help them make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world’s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and have raised $152M in financing to date.
We are a Finnish based international New Space company with employees from roughly 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don’t listen to people who say it can’t be done: we go and do it!
To support the growth of the company, we are now looking for Geospatial Fullstack Developer to support our Analytics Team in Finland, Poland and UK to attain departmental goals to ensure the highest possible level of customer success.
Key responsibilities include increasing employee satisfaction and retention as well as ensuring the efficient operation of the department.
ICEYE’s global flood monitoring solution combines proprietary SAR imagery data, auxiliary data, and an advanced analysis process to create near-real-time flood extent and depth analyses. Several components of the flood monitoring solution require combining and visualizing numerous spatial data sets. As part of the Analytics team, you will work closely with Software and Solutions Teams to identify requirements, build visualization pipelines, create & leverage cloud databases, and script basic spatial analyses.
The preferred location for this role is at ICEYE headquarters in
Nice to have:
- Create dynamic web applications for internal & external geospatial analytics display;
- Incorporate product or solutions requirements for customer data and data product visualization;
- Create and be comfortable with both, quick MVP solutions and longer term sustainable (CI/CD) solutions. You must understand when to take one or both of these approaches;
- Participate in end user / user story creation sessions to uncover necessary features for implementation;
- Understand data requirements and source lists generated by Solutions and Analytics teams;
- Investigate both internal and external data sources for data attributes and methods for automating display & visualization;
- Create cloud-based, persistent, geospatial databases with live connections to internal and external data sources
- Participate in creating spatial analytics requirements for tools
- Build analysis scripts to execute basic geospatial functions
- Build interactive visualization platforms using commercial or open source geospatial environments
- Ensure all processes are well documented for future support or enhancements
Your background and skillset:
- Proven experience with acquiring geospatial data from many disparate sources and ingesting into a PostgresQL database, or equivalent.
- Basic geospatial and analytics knowledge about using coordinate systems, raster band math, interpolation methods, linear regression, and other techniques for geospatial analysis
- Practical experience building geospatial visualizations with Leaflet, Kibana, Mapbox GL JS, ArcGIS/QGIS, or similar
- Experience with natural disaster monitoring and analysis, especially floods, is a strong plus
- A job that matters
- A dynamic new-space environment with a start-up vibe and a scale-up approach
- Space for self-development, research time, training, conferences or certification schemes
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- An extremely motivated team of top-tier engineers and commercial operations to work with
- Inspiring and collaborating, pet-friendly office lounge and silent working space enabling focus
- Nicely equipped gym area
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- Relocation support (flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Compensation for language courses, conferences etc.
- Internal events for employees on a regular basis (e.g. sports events, team-building events, parties etc.)
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Unleash your potential with us and join our next space mission coming up soon!
Please note that in accordance with ICEYE policy, voluntary consent for background checks is required for individuals being considered for employment globally.