ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
We launched the world’s first small SAR satellite in January 2018. To date, ICEYE has successfully launched 10 SAR satellite missions and raised $152M in financing. We don’t plan to stop – join our team and let’s achieve great things together!
ICEYE is a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK, Spain, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from various areas, including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. As advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity and corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
To support the company’s growth, we are looking for a Mechanical Team Lead based in our office in Espoo, Finland.
About the role:
- Management and implementation of end-end designs of subsystems, primary satellite structures, and associated MGSE hardware
- Collaborate with R&D teams to define the mechanical architecture of satellites and subsystems
- Assemble and test hardware with a hands-on approach
- Prepare technology and development roadmaps for the mechanical team
- Mentor younger engineers to better align them with industry standards
- Plan priorities and ensure alignment with department and company goals
- Engage with the Space Systems Leadership Team and technical leads in the planning and execution of projects
- Create and implement process improvements and optimizers to optimize workflow
- Active people management in team leadership, setting goals and priorities and development planning.
- 10+ years of mechanical engineering experience in the space domain, including:
- Subsystem and primary structure design
- Composite structure design
- Moving mechanisms and machine design
- FEM analysis
- Design for manufacturing and functional tolerancing
- Environmental test campaigns for spacecraft (vibration, shock, TVAC)
- 3+ years of team lead experience
- Fluent in English
- Master/Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, structural, or aerospace engineering
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced and exciting environment
- Adaptable and Agile
- Ability to manage high-performing teams and work in a diverse environment
- Aspirations to be a future ICEYE Senior Leader
Preferred to have:
- Understanding of satellite systems and the space environment
- Familiar with creating, evolving, and maintaining a mass budget.
- Familiar with the creation of product trees
- Familiar with PLM
- Knowledge of applicable standards (ECSS, ASTM, ASME)
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e., on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e., flight tickets, accommodation, relocation assistance) is Optional if the job requires it
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes, including access to a company-paid language course.
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enable you to focus
- A wide variety of the best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.
Riya Vidhani (Talent Acquisition Partner)