Do you know why it’s called New Space? ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data already available to customers. These satellites can take images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark. Information derived from these images will help our customers understand the world better and help them make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world’s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and have raised $65M in financing to date.
Make Impossible Possible in New Space – Join ICEYE
We launched the world’s first small SAR satellite in January 2018. To date, ICEYE has successfully launched a total of 10 SAR satellite missions and has raised $152M in financing. We don’t plan to stop – join our team and let’s achieve great things together!
ICEYE is a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK, Spain, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork, curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
To support the growth of the company, we are looking for a Mission Analysis and Systems Engineer to join our Missions Management Team in Espoo, Finland.
The Missions Management team at ICEYE is responsible for looking after the satellites from start of build to delivery to launch and throughout the operational lifetime. The team cooperates with other teams across the company from spacecraft engineering, satellite operation, product management and business development. The team’s responsibilities cover the following roles:
- Satellites build management and system engineering interface
- Management of satellites build, ownership of the AIT plans and procedures. Leading the tasks through AIT for timely execution. Following NCRs internally with mission assurance. Communication with customers for major non-conformance to reach disposition. EVT and other testing management, documentation and reporting
- Identifying mission and platform specifications from customer or internal requirements and following development and design reviews to delivery into production
- Launch and early operations management. Support launch team throughout launch procurement, preparation pre-shipment and on-site verifications and management of the Launch and Early Orbit Phase – LEOPs.
- Managing in-orbit missions through life time
- Ensuring that product and operational requirements from fleet are fulfilled
- Managing major non conformances towards resolution with support of operations and engineering teams
- Ensuring corrective and preventive actions are implemented and included in development and build plans for future satellites
- Bids and proposals support in preparation of scope of work, schedule, project management plans and procurement plan with the respective business development and product delivery teams
What you will do:
- Analyze the data & in-orbit telemetry from satellite systems performance and issues throughout multi-tier on-call support to operation analysis teams
- Support issues tracking, debugging, and resolution documentation including testing on flatsat pre-in-orbit deployment
- Cooperate with satellite operation teams, mission managers to perform subsystem analysis and elaborate maintenance work packages
- Work with mission managers to plan the fleet maintenance plans including the pre-defined work packages for an emergency, periodical maintenance, and deployments
- Work with mission managers, system engineers, and flight software engineers to prepare requirements selected for development towards long term projects
What you need to succeed:
- A degree in an Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical or Software discipline or having had relevant experience in Systems, in Aerospace or a closely related area.
- Minimum of 1-year professional relevant working experience in the Aerospace & Defense industry
- Experience with development and testing of satellite subsystems such as ADCS, Power, and Thermal subsystems
- Experience with embedded software development and testing
- Must have a technical background and be adept at working and solving technical issues
- Must have excellent communication skills to interface with internal engineering, operations, and production teams
- Driven, highly motivated, and committed to the improvement
What we offer:
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enabling you to focus
- Regular internal events for employees (e.g. sports events, team-building events, parties, etc.)
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Unleash your potential with us and join our next space missions coming soon!
We are looking forward to receiving your application in English as soon as possible.
Please note that in accordance with ICEYE’s policy, voluntary consent for background checks is required for individuals being considered for employment globally.