We are a Finnish based international New Space company with employees from roughly 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don’t listen to people who say it can’t be done: we go and do it!
Do you know why it’s called new space?
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data already available to customers. These satellites can take images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark. Information derived from these images will help our customers understand the world better and help them make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world’s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and have raised $152M in financing to date.
To support the growth of the company, we are now looking for a Operations System Engineer to support our Operation s and Product Delivery department. The role is based in our headquarters in Espoo, Finland.
The Operations System Engineering team is responsible for the processes and management of the overall operations of ICEYE’s production systems. This includes facilitating change management, gap analysis, bug triaging, analysis and prioritization. The team is at the hub of ICEYE’s daily operations, working tightly together with many other teams to continuously improve the reliability of ICEYE’s systems both on ground, as well as in space. The team is also responsible for coordinating the build-out and integration of ground stations around the globe that are needed in order to control and backhaul data from the satellite fleet. A good Operations System Engineer should in addition to having suitable technical skills, ideally have experience in project management, satellite operations and complex problem solving.
Your daily tasks:
- Coordinate and perform system debugging and analysis needed to support fleet operations
- Track system issues, report and escalate to management as needed
- Facilitate the implementation and deployment of system-wide software tools and procedures for satellite fleet management
- Support the other Operations teams with identifying and addressing procedural and technical challenges
- Coordinate integration efforts of new ground stations and antennae around the globe
- Coordinate satellite data downlinks directly to customer premises
- Compile and use metrics to systematically analyze performance of production systems and find ways to optimize and improve the overall operational reliability
- Analyze and assess mission concepts and scenarios
- Assist in the definition of project scopes and objectives, involving relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Perform continuous risk management of changes and upgrades done to production systems
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
Your attributes that we need:
- Great educational background, preferably in a relevant field of engineering
- Good understanding of Software Development, IT systems, Radio Frequency propagation and Orbital Mechanics
- Proven working experience as a project administrator in the information technology sector
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
Our perks and benefits:
- A job that matters
- A dynamic new-space environment with a start-up vibe and a scale-up approach
- Space for self-development, research time
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- An extremely motivated team of top-tier engineers and commercial operations to work with
- Inspiring and collaborating, pet-friendly office lounge and silent working space enabling focus
- Nicely equipped gym area
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- Relocation support (flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Internal events for employees on a regular basis (e.g. sports events, team-building events, parties etc.)
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Unleash your potential with us and join our next space mission coming up soon!
We are looking forward to receiving your application in English until 31 October, 2020.
Please note that in accordance with ICEYE policy, voluntary consent for background checks is required for individuals being considered for employment globally.