Make Impossible Possible in New Space
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 41 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
To support the company’s growth, we continue to scale our Spacecraft Engineering team and looking for a Flight Software and Functional and Validation Engineer (Embedded Software)to join our global Spacecraft Engineering Team in Espoo, Finland – Hybrid.
- Deliver highly reliable and performant flight software for satellites.
- Ensure the quality of feature requirements by analysing and verifying them with the development team and product owner to as part of an agile team
- Ensure the quality of released features by developing test plans, defining and creating test scenarios, executing test scripts, assessing test results, and reporting bugs and incidents
- Keeping our test automation technologies and approach up-to-date through the integration of automated testing tools and test harnesses as required.
- Decrease the risk of introducing incidents and bugs by incrementally increasing test automation coverage at integration and above test levels
- Contribute to a collaborative team culture that recognizes the roles of autonomy, mastery, and purpose in enabling us to do our best work.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, math, or science.
- Embedded systems test automation experience.
- Excellent code skills.
- Experience in functional verification and validation activities.
- Passion for solving complex problems in a team environment.
- Expertise in embedded software for ARM-based microcontrollers or SoCs.
- Ability to read and review electrical schematics.
- Hardware debugging experience, including familiarity with tools such as the oscilloscope, logic analyzer, and protocol analyzer (SPI, CAN, Ethernet, or similar).
- Experience with continuous integration and test automation tools.
- Proven experience in functional verification and validation activities (e.g. specification and development of test facilities and simulation models; definition of test plans, test specifications and test procedures; functional validation performed on avionics and instrument test benches; support to System Validation Test campaigns).
- Good understanding of best practices in configuration management and issue tracking, and familiarity with related tools (such as GitHub and Jira).
- Creative approach to problem solving and exceptional analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
What we offer:
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes, including access to a company paid language course.
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enabling you to focus
- Regular internal events for employees (e.g. sports events, team-building events, parties, etc.)
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission