ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data already available to customers. These satellites can take images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark. Information derived from these images will help our customers understand the world better and help them make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world’s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and have raised $65M in financing to date. We are a Finnish based international New Space company with employees from roughly 30 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don’t listen to people who say it can’t be done: we go and do it!
Do you know why it’s called New Space?
To support the growth of the company, we are now looking for an Embedded Test Engineer to join our Engineering team based in our headquarters in Espoo, Finland.
Your daily tasks:
- Creating, maintaining and executing exhaustive test plans
- Performing functional and regression testing
- Analysis, design, debugging, modification and test cases for firmware (e.g., embedded code)
Your attributes that we need:
- MS or BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a proven equivalent in experience
- At least one year of experience in testing of embedded systems
- Basic experience in C/C++ programming for embedded systems
- Designing a SiL testing environment
- Exposure with test infrastructures such as LabView/National Instruments/PXI/TestStand(DAQ, PXI, RIO) and LabView software for designing virtual instruments, control logic, data acquisition, and visualization
- Familiarity with debugging of embedded systems
- Basic understanding of communication interfaces (SPI, I2C, UART, CAN)
- Hands-on expertise on Python for Test cases scripting
- Knowledge of Test Automation frameworks – PyUnit, Pytest (anyone)
Your extra ones:
- Ability to think and work logically to create test plans for software programs and consistently carry out test plans fully
- Develop software, firmware, and hardware to test embedded systems covering all aspects of functionality and performance
- Setup and operate test environments including software and hardware tools, laboratory instrumentation and simulators to perform functionality testing
- Work with the development team to define acceptance criteria and test cases
- Develop automated test sequences using test automation tools and scripting languages
- Execute manual and automated test cases. Carefully analyze and document test results
- Providing feedback on usability, trace the result to quality risk and report it to concerned stakeholders
Our perks and benefits:
- A job that matters
- A dynamic new-space environment with a start-up vibe and a scale-up approach
- Space for self-development, research time, training, conferences or certification schemes
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- An extremely motivated team of top-tier engineers and commercial operations to work with
- Inspiring and collaborating, pet-friendly office lounge and silent working space enabling focus
- Nicely equipped gym area
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- Relocation support (flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Compensation for language courses, conferences, etc.
- Internal events for employees on a regular basis (e.g. sports events, team-building events, parties, etc.)
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Unleash your potential with us and join our next space mission coming up soon!
We are looking forward to receiving your application in English.
Please note that in accordance with ICEYE policy, voluntary consent for background checks is required for individuals being considered for employment globally.