TIMELY & RELIABLE DATA DELIVERY
Make Impossible Possible in New Space – Join ICEYE
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
We launched the world’s first small SAR satellite in January 2018. To date, ICEYE has successfully launched a total of 10 SAR satellite missions and has raised $152M in financing. We don’t plan to stop – join our team and let’s achieve great things together!
ICEYE is a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK, Spain, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork, curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
To support the growth of the company, we are looking for Mission Engineering Intern to join our Missions Management Team in Finland, Espoo.
The role and the team:
The Missions Management team at ICEYE is responsible for looking after the satellites from the start of build to delivery to launch and throughout the operational lifetime. The team cooperates with other teams across the company from spacecraft engineering, satellite operation, product management, and business development. The team’s responsibilities cover the following roles:
- Satellites build management and system engineering interface
- Management of satellites build, ownership of the AIT plans and procedures. Leading the tasks through AIT for timely execution. Following NCRs internally with mission assurance. Communication with customers for major non-conformance to reach disposition. EVT and other testing management, documentation, and reporting
- Identifying mission and platform specifications from customer or internal requirements and following development and design reviews to delivery into production
- Launch and early operations management. Support launch team throughout launch procurement, preparation pre-shipment, and on-site verifications and management of the Launch and Early Orbit Phase – LEOPs.
- Managing in-orbit missions through a lifetime
- Ensuring that product and operational requirements from the fleet are fulfilled
- Managing major non-conformances towards resolution with the support of operations and engineering teams
- Ensuring corrective and preventive actions are implemented and included in the development and build plans for future satellites
- Bids and proposals support the preparation of scope of work, schedule, project management plans, and procurement plan with the respective business development and product delivery teams
What you will do:
- Work with mission managers and AIT teams to support the definition of requirements for production subsystems and satellites
- Support requirements verification automated processes development
- Further, develop existing configuration management tools to support the mission from the start of build to delivery
- To ensure the tools are able to track changes in configuration in orbit after maintenance and deployment activities
What you need to succeed:
- Currently a student in a major of aerospace, electrical or similar engineering master degree or recently graduated.
- Experience with development and testing of satellite subsystems such as ADCS, Power and Thermal subsystems
- Experience with embedded software development and testing
- Must have a technical background and be adept at working and solving technical issues
- Must have excellent communication skills to interface with internal engineering, operations and production teams
- Driven, highly motivated, and committed to improvement
What we offer:
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enabling you to focus
- Regular internal events for employees (e.g. sports events, team-building events, parties, etc.)
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Unleash your potential with us and join our next space missions coming soon!
We are looking forward to receiving your application in English as soon as possible.
Please note that in accordance with ICEYE’s policy, voluntary consent for background checks is required for individuals being considered for employment globally.