ICEYE is building the world�s largest constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites. The satellites can take images at any time of day � even when it�s cloudy or dark � and those images will let our customers understand the world better and make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world�s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and raised $65M in financing to date. We are a Finnish based international startup with employees from more than 25 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We�re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don�t listen to people who say it can�t be done: we go and do it!
Do you know why it’s called new space?
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data already available to customers. These satellites can take images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark. Information derived from these images will help our customers understand the world better and help them make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world’s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and have raised $65M in financing to date.
We are a Finnish based international New Space company with employees from roughly 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don’t listen to people who say it can’t be done: we go and do it!
To support the growth of the company, we are now looking for a Proposal Manager to support our Contract Delivery team based in our headquarters in Espoo, Finland.
As a Proposal Manager, you will lead ICEYE’s new business proposals, working closely with the operations, sales, and marketing teams.
Your daily tasks:
- Lead new business proposals for data, capability, and system deliveries
- Structure proposal responses from multiple inputs – including sales strategy and RFP requirements
- Manage proposal library, ensuring materials are correct and current with help from technical teams
- Track proposed solutions, their schedules, and unique requirements
- Collaborate with technical teams to understand, synergize, and explain our current and future capabilities and procedures
Your attributes that we need:
- 3+ years of proposal management experience
- 3+ years technical writing experience
- Experience in the space industry
- Highly attentive to schedules – on-time deliverables are essential
- Ability to multi-task and be self-motivated while juggling multiple proposals
- Advanced verbal and written communications skills (technical fluency in English required)
- Highly attentive to details with the ability to write directly and succinctly
- Ability to multi-task and be self-motivated in a highly disparate environment juggling multiple assignments.
- Strong collaboration and people skills
- Ability to synthesize technical requirements from sales & Customers into a coherent technical solution
- Passion for a high-level of customer service and communications.
Your extra ones:
- Experience with industry-standard proposal writing processes (i.e. Shipley)
- Experience with space or ground segment development or delivery programs
- Project or program management experience
- Experience creating program schedules and work breakdown structures (WBS)
- Technical writing experience
Our perks and benefits:
- A job that matters
- A dynamic new-space environment with a start-up vibe and a scale-up approach
- Space for self-development, research time
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- An extremely motivated team of top-tier engineers and commercial operations to work with
- Inspiring and collaborating, pet-friendly office lounge and silent working space enabling focus
- Nicely equipped gym area
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- Relocation support (flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Internal events for employees on a regular basis (e.g. sports events, team-building events, parties etc.)
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Unleash your potential with us and join our next space mission coming up soon!
We are looking forward to receiving your application in English until 1 November 2020.
Please note that in accordance with ICEYE policy, voluntary consent for background checks is required for individuals being considered for employment globally.