ICEYE is building the world�s largest constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites. The satellites can take images at any time of day � even when it�s cloudy or dark � and those images will let our customers understand the world better and make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world�s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and raised $65M in financing to date. We are a Finnish based international startup with employees from more than 25 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We�re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don�t listen to people who say it can�t be done: we go and do it!
Do you know why it’s called new space?
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data already available to customers. These satellites can take images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark. Information derived from these images will help our customers understand the world better and help them make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world’s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and have raised $65M in financing to date.
We are a Finnish based international New Space company with employees from roughly 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don’t listen to people who say it can’t be done: we go and do it!
To support the growth of the company, we are now looking for a Radio Test Engineer to support our Spacecraft Engineering Team based in our headquarters in Espoo, Finland.
Your daily tasks:
- Work closely with other engineers to ensure future improvements to the satellite.
- build test setups, write and maintain test automation scripts
- assist in creating test procedures and promote design for testability.
- maintain a database of test results.
- assist AIT (Assembly integration and testing) team during test and verification
- Tackling challenges present in the new space engineering approach.
- Pushing the envelope of what a small radar satellite can do.
Your skills and background:
- Education in Radio/Signal/Electrical engineering.
- 3 years of practical lab experience with RF hardware
- Familiar with R&D and production of RF Hardware.
- Capability for independent work and decision.
- Capability to tackle unconventional tasks and problems.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Willingness to be involved in the whole life cycle of the satellite.
- Prior experience with radar technology.
- Prior experience with high (5+ GHz) systems.
- Coding/scripting experience in Python and C++.
- familiar with the use and handling of microwave test equipment (VNAs, signal generators, power sensors, spectrum analysers)
Our perks and benefits:
- A job that matters
- A dynamic new-space environment with a start-up vibe and a scale-up approach
- Space for self-development, research time
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- An extremely motivated team of top-tier engineers and commercial operations to work with
- Inspiring and collaborating, pet-friendly office lounge and silent working space enabling focus
- Nicely equipped gym area
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- Relocation support (flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Internal events for employees on a regular basis (e.g. sports events, team-building events, parties etc.)
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Unleash your potential with us and join our next space mission coming up soon!
We are looking forward to receiving your application in English until
Please note that in accordance with ICEYE policy, voluntary consent for background checks is required for individuals being considered for employment globally.