ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data already available to customers. These satellites can take images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark. Information derived from these images will help our customers understand the world better and help them make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world’s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and have raised $65M in financing to date.
Do you know why it’s called new space?
We are a Finnish based international New Space company with employees from roughly 30 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don’t listen to people who say it can’t be done : we go and do it!
To support the growth of the company, we are now looking for a SAR Quality Assurance Engineer to support our Ground Software team based in our headquarters in Espoo, Finland.
Your daily tasks:
- Provide the main interface between the SAR Processing team and SAR imagery consumers in CS/Analytics and when requested by CS/Sales in support of the end customer
- Responsibility for the detection of persistent anomalies in SAR image formation processing and submitting them as tasks into the SAR processing backlog. These include the investigation of SAR image artifacts and the precise understanding of their root cause (either Collection Processing or real world phenomena)
- Responsibility for verifying, validating and maintaining the quality and standard of Level 1 and higher SAR products and ensuring that they meet the product specifications
- Responsibility for the development of TTPs (Technology, Tactics and Procedures) to correct anomalies found in SAR imagery and making recommendations for SAR processing improvements
- Development and maintenance of product quality assurance tools that measure SAR image quality
Your attributes that we need:
- A practitioner/expert level in SAR image exploitation
- Graduate in physics/mathematics/electronic engineering
- Experience in Synthetic Aperture Radar Image Formation Processing – to be able to operate a SAR
- Processor and understand the inner mechanics
- Experience in development of SAR exploitation tools – specifically the manipulation and understanding of complex phase data and frequency domain exploitation
- Accomplished programmer – essential to have Python and ‘C’ programming skills
- Provide evidence of above either through peer viewed publications or open source code
Our perks and benefits:
- A job that matters
- A dynamic new-space environment with a start-up vibe and a scale-up approach
- Space for self-development, research time
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- An extremely motivated team of top-tier engineers and commercial operations to work with
- Inspiring and collaborating, pet-friendly office lounge and silent working space enabling focus
- Nicely equipped gym area
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- Relocation support (flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Internal events for employees on a regular basis (e.g. sports events, team-building events, parties etc.)
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Unleash your potential with us and join our next space mission coming up soon!
We are looking forward to receiving your application in English until 30 June 2020.
Please note that in accordance with ICEYE policy, voluntary consent for background checks is required for individuals being considered for employment globally.