Your Choice for Persistent Monitoring
Make Impossible Possible in New Space – Join ICEYE
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
We launched the world’s first small SAR satellite in January 2018. To date, ICEYE has successfully launched a total of 14 SAR satellite missions and has raised $152M in financing. We don’t plan to stop – join our team and let’s achieve great things together!
ICEYE is a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK, Spain, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork, curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
To support the growth of the company, we are looking for a Configuration Engineer/Manager to join our Configuration Management Team in Espoo, Finland.
- The Configuration Management team at ICEYE is responsible for defining and maintenance of the configuration procedures and plans for:
- Creating and maintaining complete hardware procurement plan for the satellite build as per the satellite configuration
- Maintenance of configuration of components, subsystems, product throughout its life cycle
- Review support at different milestones for development, qualification and production of different subsystems and satellite hardware
- Information Management related to the satellite configuration from CIDL, ABCL and reporting on the living status of the configuration through CSR
What you will do:
- Own and maintain the satellite configuration management plan and its associated processes
- Support design and manufacturing reviews of satellite hardware and release of configured documentations
- Communicate the detailed information for supply chain orders of hardware and subsystems, in accordance with the predefined satellite configurations and build plans
- Support the satellite build with post-delivery hardware inspection, verification, and testing reviews
- Ensure configuration changes traceability through the assembly, integration, and testing processes through to satellite delivery
- Initiate Non-conformance, Engineering change notifications and follow up with relevant teams
- Actively supporting satellite Assembly, Integration and Test activities
What you need to succeed:
- A degree Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in an Electronics, Aerospace, Industrial, Automotive or computer engineering or having had relevant experience in hardware configuration management or a closely related area.
- Ability to understand the complex Electronics and Mechanical subsystems and their operations
- Experience in project/product management
- Minimum of 1-year professional relevant working experience
- Must have a technical background and be adept at working and solving technical issues
- Must have excellent communication skills to interface with internal engineering, Missions, and AIT teams
- Driven, highly motivated, and committed to improvement
Nice to Have:
- Experience in Aerospace/Space systems/Automotive
- Experience in Jira software, ERP systems, MS office
- Experience with PCB /PCBA designs and manufacturing, Mechanical designs, and related software’s
- Hands on experience with complex Electrical /Mechanical System integrations
What we offer:
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enabling you to focus
- Regular internal events for employees (e.g. sports events, team-building events, parties, etc.)
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Unleash your potential with us and join our next space missions coming soon!
We are looking forward to receiving your application in English as soon as possible.
Please note that in accordance with ICEYE’s policy, voluntary consent for background checks is required for individuals being considered for employment globally.