ICEYE is building the world�s largest constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites. The satellites can take images at any time of day � even when it�s cloudy or dark � and those images will let our customers understand the world better and make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world�s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and raised $65M in financing to date. We are a Finnish based international startup with employees from more than 25 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We�re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don�t listen to people who say it can�t be done: we go and do it!
Do you know why it’s called new space?
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data already available to customers. These satellites can take images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark. Information derived from these images will help our customers understand the world better and help them make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world’s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and have raised $152M in financing to date.
We are a Finnish based international New Space company with employees from roughly 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don’t listen to people who say it can’t be done: we go and do it!
To support the growth of the company, we are now looking for a Scrum Master to support our Software team based in our headquarters in Espoo, Finland.
As a Scrum Master, you will set up the and facilitate the processes that help our agile development teams succeed!
Challenges you’ll help us solve:
You will join our Software Development organization. The software product teams are responsible for the systems that control our satellites in space as well as process the data they produce.
You will further define and facilitate our scrum development processes. You will guide and coach the teams to become self-organized and enable efficient internal and external communication to provide transparency to all directions and stakeholders. Always aiming at best practices, and constantly willing to improve.
This is a key role for our organization as we prepare for more growth. Your experience in empowering high-performance teams in a distributed environment is essential.
Your attributes that we need:
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Scrum Master
- Excellent leadership skills and servant leader mentality
- Strong communication skills and ability to work both in a team environment and independently
- Ability to proactively work to unblock the team’s progress by ensuring timely dependencies and clarity of tickets
- Experience working with the Product Owners to create and manage team roadmaps as part of the overall delivery team
Our perks and benefits:
- A job that matters
- A dynamic new-space environment with a start-up vibe and a scale-up approach
- Space for self-development, research time
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- An extremely motivated team of top-tier engineers and commercial operations to work with
- Inspiring and collaborating, pet-friendly office lounge and silent working space enabling focus
- Nicely equipped gym area
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- Relocation support (flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Internal events for employees on a regular basis (e.g. sports events, team-building events, parties etc.)
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Unleash your potential with us and join our next space mission coming up soon!
We are looking forward to receiving your application in English until October 31, 2020.
Please note that in accordance with ICEYE policy, voluntary consent for background checks is required for individuals being considered for employment globally.