ICEYE is building the world�s largest constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites. The satellites can take images at any time of day � even when it�s cloudy or dark � and those images will let our customers understand the world better and make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world�s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and raised $65M in financing to date. We are a Finnish based international startup with employees from more than 25 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We�re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don�t listen to people who say it can�t be done: we go and do it!
Do you know why it’s called new space?
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data already available to customers. These satellites can take images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark. Information derived from these images will help our customers understand the world better and help them make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world’s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and have raised $65M in financing to date.
We are a Finnish based international New Space company with employees from roughly 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don’t listen to people who say it can’t be done: we go and do it!
To support the growth of the company, we are now looking for a Senior Electronics Design Engineer to our headquarters in Espoo, Finland.
Your daily tasks:
- Delivering highly reliable electronics hardware. You will engage with other ICEYE engineers to discover the needs of the future missions and design highly reliable hardware that turns the mission into a reality.
- You will be responsible for the complete lifecycle of the hardware you create, from development and testing, handover to missions team, and from time to time, on-orbit troubleshooting; you will take ownership of your electronics, including verification testing and writing documentation.
Your attributes that we need:
- Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, physics, or other relevant discipline.
- 5+ years developing electronics, that is schematic and layout, using Altium Designer and/or Mentor Graphics PADS Professional.
- Experience working with verity of high-speed and low-speed parallel and SERDES interfaces, including: I2C, SPI, USB, JTAG, Ethernet (10/100/1000M, 10G, 100G), JESD204a/b/c, DDR3/DDR4/SDRAM/SRAM, and more.
Experience in one or more of the following design areas:
- power electronics
- digital/control electronics
- high-speed electronics
Your extra ones:
- Experience designing and testing high reliability, safety critical, and fault tolerant systems.
- Experience designing FPGA based electronics, including Xilinx and Microsemi FPGAs.
- Hardware debug experience, including familiarity with tools such as the oscilloscope, logic analyzer, protocol analyzer (SPI, CAN, Ethernet or similar), spectrum analyzers, other.
- Programming skills, including: C/C++, Python, Matlab
- Experience with revision control tools (like Git or SVN)
- You are comfortable with Linux
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements
- Ability to work independently and in a team, take initiative, and communicate effectively
Our perks and benefits:
- A job that matters
- A dynamic new-space environment with a start-up vibe and a scale-up approach
- Space for self-development, research time
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- An extremely motivated team of top-tier engineers and commercial operations to work with
- Inspiring and collaborating, pet-friendly office lounge and silent working space enabling focus
- Nicely equipped gym area
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- Relocation support (flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Internal events for employees on a regular basis (e.g. sports events, team-building events, parties etc.)
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Unleash your potential with us and join our next space mission coming up soon!
We are looking forward to receiving your application in English.
Please note that in accordance with ICEYE policy, voluntary consent for background checks is required for individuals being considered for employment globally.