ICEYE is building the world�s largest constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites. The satellites can take images at any time of day � even when it�s cloudy or dark � and those images will let our customers understand the world better and make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world�s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and raised $65M in financing to date. We are a Finnish based international startup with employees from more than 25 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We�re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don�t listen to people who say it can�t be done: we go and do it!
Do you know why it’s called new space?
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data already available to customers. These satellites can take images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark. Information derived from these images will help our customers understand the world better and help them make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world’s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and have raised $152M in financing to date.
We are a Finnish based international New Space company with employees from roughly 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don’t listen to people who say it can’t be done: we go and do it!
To support the growth of the company, we are now looking for a Senior Software Engineer to support our Software Engineering Department based in our headquarters in Espoo, Finland.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be a part of the team responsible for our Processing Platform.
Challenges you’ll help us solve:
You will be working in a team that is responsible for ensuring our Satellite data gets timely processed and made available for customers all over the globe. You will be developing new features, as well as new software from scratch, to make a data platform that is modular and extensible, as well as highly available and horizontally scalable. You will help design and implement all layers of it including infrastructure, and also provide APIs so that the processed data can be made not only available but also actionable. Our stack is for the most part Go (Golang) services running on Kubernetes in AWS, and we do a lot of our own devops with infrastructure as code, be it Kubernetes manifests or Terraform infrastructure. We follow an agile process, code reviews, maintain our CI pipelines. Aiming at best practices, and always willing to improve.
Your attributes that we need:
- You are a solid hands-on software engineer and you can show it. You get things done but you also know when to take the time to get the design right
- Outstanding coding skills in Go is a big plus. Otherwise, equivalent skills in another programming language and a desire to learn Go
- RESTful APIs are piece of cake, both usage and design
- Docker is a common tool and you take advantage of it
- POSIX/bash commandline and scripting isn’t a scary phrase in an arcane language
- Cloud experience, AWS or any similar provider
- Database experience, we value all of it (relational or not)
- Have experience in Infrastructure-as-Code such as Terraform
- Desire to learn Kubernetes. Of course prior knowledge is a plus
- You are curious about geospatial and aerospace areas
Your extra ones:
- Experience with data platforms and services, ETL, pipelines, data warehouses
- Experience handling geospatial data: PostGIS, GeoJSON, WKT
- Have worked with and can consider trade-offs of different architectures, such as even-driven versus request/response, microservices versus monolith
- Have used or considered gRPC
- Have been involved in tough system architecture decision making in the past
Our perks and benefits:
- A job that matters
- A dynamic new-space environment with a start-up vibe and a scale-up approach
- Space for self-development, research time
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- An extremely motivated team of top-tier engineers and commercial operations to work with
- Inspiring and collaborating, pet-friendly office lounge and silent working space enabling focus
- Nicely equipped gym area
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- Relocation support (flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Internal events for employees on a regular basis (e.g. sports events, team-building events, parties etc.)
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Unleash your potential with us and join our next space mission coming up soon!
We are looking forward to receiving your application in English until 31 October, 2020.
Please note that in accordance with ICEYE policy, voluntary consent for background checks is required for individuals being considered for employment globally.