Do you know why it’s called new space? ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data already available to customers. These satellites can take images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark. Information derived from these images will help our customers understand the world better and help them make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world’s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and have raised $65M in financing to date.
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from roughly 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don’t listen to people who say it can’t be done: we go and do it!
To support our growth, we are now looking for a Solution Engineer to work in our Product Software team. As a Solution Engineer, your job is to find the best solution for each customer and ensure its successful delivery.
For example, a customer might want to utilize their own existing ground station network to have the data downlinked to and processed at where they need it. What ICEYE software components should be used to deliver this functionality? How do we integrate with the customers existing systems? These are the kinds of questions that you will help to answer and then, together with the product software teams, deliver the solution to the customer.
Your daily tasks:
- You will work with the customers to form a mutual understanding of their needs, capabilities and constraints.
- You collaborate with our engineers (mostly software engineers) to build the features that this customer needs in our product.
- You will work with our customer deliveries team to make sure that the solution gets delivered and will be supported.
- Typically, these projects start with a demo to prove our capability. This requires you to be very hands-on, e.g. deploying one-off versions of our systems and adding ad hoc integrations to customer systems, and supporting customer’s technical teams in whatever way they need.
- Right now, you will be one of the first people to take this role in our company. As our business grows, you may have the opportunity to build and lead the solutions team dedicated to this type of work.
Your attributes that we need:
- Strong experience in software development, integration and deployment.
- Strong experience in working together with customers to form working technical solutions.
- Readiness to occasionally visit customer premises around the world.
- Ability to learn quickly how ICEYE operates both technically and as a business.
- A preference to work in a startup where things are always moving.
Your extra ones:
- A background in earth observation, satellites or ground stations.
- Devops skills related to tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher, Terraform, Ansible, Prometheus and Splunk.
- Programming experience with Golang or Python.
- Team-leading skills.
Our perks and benefits:
- A job that matters. The decisions you help make will have a significant influence on ICEYE’s technological roadmap, our ability to serve a variety of businesses, and ultimately our impact on the world.
- A dynamic new-space environment with a start-up vibe and a scale-up approach.
- Space for self-development and research time.
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment.
- An extremely motivated team of top-tier engineers and commercial operations to work with.
- Inspiring and collaborating, pet-friendly office lounge and silent working space enabling focus.
- Nicely equipped gym area and organised sports activities.
- Occupational healthcare and insurance.
- Relocation support (flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program).
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks and sweets to accompany your daily space mission.
Unleash your potential with us and join our next space mission coming up soon!
We are looking forward to receiving your application in English until 14 August.
Privacy Notice to Job Applicant
Please note that in accordance with ICEYE policy, voluntary consent for background checks is required for individuals being considered for employment globally.