Make Impossible Possible in New Space
Make Impossible Possible in New Space – Join ICEYE
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
We launched the world’s first small SAR satellite in January 2018. To date, ICEYE has successfully launched a total of 10 SAR satellite missions and has raised $152M in financing. We don’t plan to stop – join our team and let’s achieve great things together!
ICEYE is a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK, Spain, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork, curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
To support the growth of the company, we are looking for a Data Hacker Intern to join our Analytics Team in the Helsinki area, Finland. The Analytics team is responsible for building solutions that enable near-real-time assessment of the impact of global natural catastrophes. This empowers insurance, first responder, and government clients to provide timely support to people whose livelihoods are destroyed following natural disasters such as hurricanes, wildfires, earthquakes. The Data Hacker Intern will aid in geospatial data scraping, cloud curation, and data archiving to support solution development.
As a Data Hacker Intern in the Analytics Department, you will help identify, extract, scrape, and curate geospatial data. You are quick to find information on the web and can efficiently transfer data into a persistent cloud environment. You are able to focus on critical tasks and use clever, scalable scripting to organize information. You are excited about liberating information from antiquated environments. A full-time transition to work is possible.
What you need to succeed:
- Proven software experience with Python
- The ability to write quick scripts (Python or equivalent) to extract data from the internet in scalable ways
- Desire to scalably liberate open data that is locked in antiquated web platforms
- Comfort with data transfer to the cloud (AWS)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with geospatial data is a plus
- Experience in data engineering or data persistence is a plus
What we offer:
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enabling you to focus
- Regular internal events for employees (e.g. sports events, team-building events, parties, etc.)
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Unleash your potential with us and join our next space missions coming soon!
We are looking forward to receiving your application in English as soon as possible.
Please note that in accordance with ICEYE’s policy, voluntary consent for background checks is required for individuals being considered for employment globally.