The world currently faces three key problems around Earth Observation Data: reliability, timeliness, access. To address these issues directly, the ICEYE radar satellite constellation is here to change the way we look at our world from space.
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
To support the company’s growth, we continue to scale our “Radio Frequency” team and looking for a “Senior Radio Frequency Engineer” to join us in our Espoo office.
About the role?
- Work closely with other domains engineers to ensure future improvements to the satellite.
- Design and testing of satellite RF hardware.
- Tackling challenges present in the new space engineering approach.
- Pushing the envelope of what a small radar satellite can do.
- Passive and active microwave systems design.
- Technical support of our growing fleet of satellites.
- Master’s degree in Radio/RF/Communications/Signal/Electrical engineering.
- 5 years+ of experience on RF and microwave engineering.
- Capability for independent work and decision.
- Capability to tackle unconventional tasks and problems.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Willingness to be involved in the whole life cycle of the satellite.
- Prior experience in aerospace systems.
- Prior experience with radar and/or PA technology.
- Prior experience with high frequency (5+ GHz) systems.
- Capability to manage basic projects.
- Prior experience in Altium, CST, Python.
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation assistance) is Optional if the job requires it
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes, including access to a company-paid language course.
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enable you to focus
- A wide variety of the best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Diversity & inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. Every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? You can just apply now to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.