Make Impossible Possible in New Space
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 41 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
To support the company’s growth, we continue to scale our Missions & Data team and are looking for a Campaign Director to join our global team. You will report to our VP Missions.
About the role?
Within this role, you will join the Sales organization at ICEYE and work closely with the Mission Sales VP and Data Sales VP to achieve our service delivery, account growth, and account retention goals in Japan with a specific focus on emerging satellite mission and data opportunities. At ICEYE, we are a fast-growing company with big ambition and looking for Individual Contributors to take ICEYE’s growth to the next level!
- You will be a liaison between ICEYE and customers in Japan, this also requires hands-on working with governmental customers
- Build and develop long-term client relationships with new and existing customers. Seeking out and meeting with new governmental clients.
- Leading campaigns focussed on securing contracts for ICEYE for satellite missions and data.
- Day-to-day account management and business development
- Ensure that the regional business development plan is aligned with and supports the company’s business strategy and revenue goals
- Explore opportunities for alliances and partnerships to exploit new markets and opportunities
- Lead on major contracts, tenders, and quotations, and especially, manage contract closing activities
- Ensure all necessary relationships with internal stakeholders are managed in support of delivering to the customer needs
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate monthly reporting of business development activities
- You will be comfortable working with data and presenting to key stakeholders across the business, ranging from mid-level to c-suite.
- As the team is based across Europe, you will need to be prepared to travel to our Headquarters in
- Finland and others office, such as the UK, and to visit customers in their respective locations.
- Proven track record of account management, business development and closing contracts in Japan (with a particular focus on govermental customers)
- You need to be a strong influencer and enjoy working in an ever-changing and -growing environment.
- You will have a proven background working within the Space, Aerospace or Defence sector.
- You will bring your sales knowledge and outstanding interpersonal skills to take ICEYE’s sales strategy to the next level
- Proven track record of securing new business opportunities in a complex technology environment.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to present and translate information to a variety of stakeholders internally and externally
- Ability to work at all levels of customer seniority
- Entrepreneurial drive and spirit
- Understanding of working in an international environment with multiple nationalities
- We ask that you bring humble confidence, integrity and energy and are excited on coming on board one of the most innovative and exciting companies in the space industry!
- Excellent English and Japanese language skills
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes