TIMELY & RELIABLE DATA DELIVERY
Make Impossible Possible in New Space – Join ICEYE
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
We launched the world’s first small SAR satellite in January 2018. To date, ICEYE has successfully launched a total of 10 SAR satellite missions and has raised $152M in financing. We don’t plan to stop – join our team and let’s achieve great things together!
ICEYE is a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK, Spain, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork, curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
To support the growth of the company, we are now looking for a Reliability Engineer to support growing our operations in Poland.
Making the SAR data available to our customers in a timely fashion is key for it to be actionable. As part of streamlining this flow of data, we deliver Edge hardware to reduce the number of points the data needs to traverse and thus having it available faster. As part of the software development organization you will be optimizing our deployments for the hardware and platform software layers, which enables us to do more with the compute resources available. You will also take part in evaluating our hardware choices and assessing facility requirements such as cooling capability and power output.
You understand that the performance gains are multiplied by enabling them across the board and enjoy consulting your fellow DevOps and Software Engineers to utilize the optimizations and standardizing them as part of our normal workflow. As our software grows more complex, we want to make our deployments easier, faster and more reliable through constant improvements to our development tools, CI/CD systems and the underlying platform.
- Discovering performance bottlenecks and communicating those to stakeholders
- Providing feedback on what and how to optimize to your colleagues
- Incorporating performance to our solutions and standardizing deliverables through CI/CD
- Hardware and facility evaluations
- Building continuous performance monitoring capabilities
We run software in the cloud – mainly AWS – while remaining platform agnostic for securing business continuity. Parts of the infrastructure are also located at satellite ground stations and selected customer locations. Some of the technologies we are using to build and maintain our product delivery services include, but are not limited to: Terraform, Ansible, Packer, Python, Go, AWS, vSphere, REST, Kubernetes, Istio, Datadog, Git.
As part of the job, You will also get to affect DevOps best practices and have a say in technology choices. Your team values security, quality and understands the importance of schedules to the overall business.
Your background and skillset:
- x86 and GPU hardware knowledge along with some basic understanding of facility requirements for such hardware
- You’re well versed in Linux and understand networking fundamentals
- Previous experience in VMware vSphere and vSAN is a plus
- Good general understanding of software development practices such as The Twelve Factor App
- Experience in coding/scripting fully automated service deliveries
- Desire to learn new things and to improve existing solutions
- Emphasis of security in your actions
What we offer:
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare and occupational insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enabling you to focus
- Regular internal events for employees (e.g. sports events, team-building events, parties etc.)
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Unleash your potential with us and join our next space mission coming up soon!
We look forward to receiving your application in English as soon as possible. The role will be filled when a suitable candidate is found, so act now!
Please note that in accordance with ICEYE policy, voluntary consent for background checks is required for individuals being considered for employment globally.