TIMELY & RELIABLE DATA DELIVERY
Make Impossible Possible in New Space – Join ICEYE
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
We launched the world’s first small SAR satellite in January 2018. To date, ICEYE has successfully launched a total of 10 SAR satellite missions and has raised $152M in financing. We don’t plan to stop – join our team and let’s achieve great things together!
ICEYE is a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK, Spain, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork, curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
To support our growth, we are now looking for a System Engineer (Networks) to work in our Software Engineering department, on-premises team. As a System Engineer, your job is to make sure the network setup fulfills our requirements at each customer and ensure our successful deliveries on-premises.
For example, a customer might want to utilize their own existing ground station network to have the data downlinked to and processed on-premise. How do we integrate with the customers’ existing systems and networks? How do we ensure that our network device configurations are compatible with the customer network and our requirements? These are the kinds of questions that you will help to answer and then, together with the product teams and customer technical personnel, deliver the product to the customer.
Your daily tasks:
- Participate in designing, implementing, and maintaining our on-premise products.
- Response and management of production incidents.
- Bring your expertise to the team, the team will work together in automation of tasks and productizing the system.
- Work with the customers to form a mutual understanding of their needs, capabilities and constraints.
- Collaborate with POs and engineers (mostly software engineers) to build the features that this customer needs in our product.
- Work with our customer deliveries team to make sure that the system gets delivered and will be maintained.
- These deliveries require you to be very hands-on, e.g. running demos and pilots to meet customer requirements and cooperating with customer’s technical teams ensuring successful deployment.
- Right now, you will be one of the first people to take this role in our company. As our business grows, you have the opportunity to affect the role and processes used.
Requirements for the role:
- Strong experience in network hardware and software, including hands-on experience with e.g. BGP, VRF, NAT, LACP, IKE, IPsec.
- Experience in on-premises hardware.
- Emphasis of security in your actions.
- “Infrastructure as Code” -mindset and skills, or willingness to learn.
- Experience in working together with customers to form working technical solutions.
- Readiness to occasionally visit customer premises around the world.
- Ability to learn quickly both technical and business domains in an ever evolving startup environment.
Additional skills that are an advantage:
- Cloud networking experience.
- Experience in coding/scripting.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- A background in earth observation, satellites or ground stations.
- Good general understanding of software development practices (e.g. The Twelve Factor App).
- Quality Assurance skills.
What we offer:
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, tourism, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, etc.)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- Polish and English lessons at the office (currently remotely due to COVID)
- Occupational healthcare and occupational insurance
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enabling you to focus
- Regular internal events for employees
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
We are looking forward to receiving your application in English as soon as possible. We will start interviews right away, so act now!
Unleash your potential with us and join our next space mission coming up soon!
Please note that in accordance with ICEYE policy, voluntary consent for background checks is required for individuals being considered for employment globally.