ICEYE is building the world�s largest constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites. The satellites can take images at any time of day � even when it�s cloudy or dark � and those images will let our customers understand the world better and make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world�s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and raised $65M in financing to date. We are a Finnish based international startup with employees from more than 25 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We�re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don�t listen to people who say it can�t be done: we go and do it!
Do you know why it’s called new space?
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data already available to customers. These satellites can take images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark. Information derived from these images will help our customers understand the world better and help them make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world’s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and have raised $65M in financing to date.
We are a Finnish based international New Space company with employees from roughly 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don’t listen to people who say it can’t be done: we go and do it!
To support the growth of the company, we are now looking for an FPGA Engineer to support our FPGA team based in our office in Warsaw, Poland.
You will work on cutting-edge FPGAs designing firmware which is used at one of the key boards of our satellites! You will be responsible for the complete lifecycle of the firmware you create, from development and testing to operation during the mission.
Your daily tasks:
- Delivering highly reliable FPGA firmware for ICEYE designed hardware
- Verifying HDL modules
- Contributing to hardware design discussion
- Coordinating development of firmware in collaboration with software and hardware engineers
- Creating documentation and operating procedures for common experiments
Your attributes that we need:
- Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or physics
- 2+ years of experience writing FPGA firmware in VHDL or SystemVerilog
- Creative approach to problem-solving
Your extra ones:
- Familiarity with common electronic components and ability to read circuit design schematics.
- Hardware debugging experience
- Fluency with Linux
- Experience with revision control tools (Git)
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing requirements
- Ability to work independently and in a team
Our perks and benefits:
- A job that matters
- A dynamic new-space environment with a start-up vibe and a scale-up approach
- Space for self-development, research time
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- An extremely motivated team of top-tier engineers and commercial operations to work with
- Private medical care
- Relocation support (flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Internal events for employees on a regular basis (e.g. sports events, team-building events, parties etc.)
- Coffee, tea, snacks and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Unleash your potential with us and join our next space mission coming up soon!
We are looking forward to receiving your application in English.
Please note that in accordance with ICEYE policy, voluntary consent for background checks is required for individuals being considered for employment globally.