Your Choice for Persistent Monitoring
Make Impossible Possible in New Space – Join ICEYE
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
We launched the world’s first small SAR satellite in January 2018. To date, ICEYE has successfully launched a total of 14 SAR satellite missions and has raised $152M in financing. We don’t plan to stop – join our team and let’s achieve great things together!
ICEYE is a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK, Spain, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork, curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
To support the growth of the company, we are now looking for a Sales Engineer to join our Operations team in the Washington, D.C. area. Remote work within the United States is possible for the first year of employment. After that, the candidate would need to work from the Washington D.C. area.
As a Sales Engineer, you will report to the Technical Proposals Manager and you will provide pre-sales engineering and technical proposals to support to ICEYE’s US sales pipeline. We are looking for a contributor who is passionate about and can demonstrate performance meeting demanding timelines using their pre-sales exposure, proposals experience, engineering background and with professional customer communications.
- Provide sales engineering services to ICEYE US customers and internal sales teams, shaping opportunities into technical solutions that we can deliver on-time, within budget, and to the customer’s requirements
- Generate professional presentation material to describe ICEYE’s products and services
- Lead the technical solution in ICEYE proposals for new business
- Participate in customer meetings, demonstrating ICEYE current and future capabilities in an accurate but clear way
- Collaborate with internal engineering, operations, and sales teams to effectively make decisions and gain stakeholder advocacy
- Communicate project and issue status with multiple clients
- Meet demanding customer deadlines
- Relevant educational and technical background
- 5 years pre-sales working experience in the space industry
- 5 years technical working experience with complex space and ground remote sensing systems, both technically and operationally
- Current, working knowledge of remote sensing products and underlying technology (SAR, EO, LiDAR, etc.)
- Experience with government procurement processes run via formal Requests for Information or Requests for Proposal (RFI/RFP)
- Technical writing for proposals and sales engineering activities
- Highly attentive to details to include establishing milestones, dependencies and action plans
- Ability to multi-task and be self-motivated in a highly disparate environment juggling multiple projects
- Advanced verbal and written communications skills
- Strong people skills / demonstrated interpersonal
- Demonstrated performance providing a high-level of customer service and communications
- U.S. citizen
- Ability and interest to receive a U.S. Government security clearance
Additional Skills that would be beneficial:
- Strong working knowledge of SAR space systems, data, collection modes, imagery formats, and applications based on recent experience
- Experience leading U.S. government programs from a program management, system engineering, or related prospective
- Understanding of SAR data, collection modes, imagery formats, and applications
- Understanding of basic data analytics techniques and workflows
Unleash your potential with us and join our next space mission coming up soon!