Your Choice for Persistent Monitoring
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
We launched the world’s first small SAR satellite in January 2018. To date, ICEYE has successfully launched a total of 16 SAR satellite missions and has raised $152M in financing. We don’t plan to stop – join our team and let’s achieve great things together!
ICEYE is a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK, Spain, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork, curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
About the Job
- We are looking for a talented and experienced Kubernetes developer who would be highly skilled and can work independently. He/She will be responsible for implementing design patterns for distributed systems, configure and manage CI/CD pipelines.
- The candidate must have experience with microservices, containers, and Kubernetes.
- By using modern engineering methodologies, ICEYE is able to develop SAR technology in a more compact and efficient form than before. In this way we are making SAR imaging accessible and affordable to any size of organization or business.
- We believe that broader access to SAR will see the technology being used in entirely new ways to support decision making for trade, exploration, relief efforts, farming, environmental protection and more.
- Troubleshoot issues and solve problems where needed
- Create and nurture highly available systems on Kubernetes
- Deploy, automate, maintain, and manage AWS infrastructure to ensure security, performance, and availability of production systems
- Troubleshoot systems and problem-solve across platform and application domains
- Design, build and evolve our production cloud infrastructure, employing automation and infrastructure-as-code (IaC)
- Suggest architecture improvements and recommend process improvements
- Use your knowledge of AWS to assist engineering in planning feature development
- At least 3-5+ years of experience working with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience working on open-source projects
- Strong expertise in DevOps and CI/CD implementation
- Thorough knowledge of cloud-native development
- Experience with container technologies like Docker
- Understanding of microservice design and architectural patterns
- Familiar with complex event processing and event-driven architecture
- Expertise in Linux
- Proficient in SDLC, Waterfall, and Agile methodologies
- Maintenance of Docker/Container clusters
- Implement design patterns for distributed systems
- Knowledge of hybrid cloud environments
- Comfortable collaborating with team-mates working from around the globe