Senior QA Engineer
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time even when its cloudy or dark providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
Make Impossible Possible in New Space – Join ICEYE
Location: Poland, remote in Europe
Hiring Model: WAH
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
About the role:
As a Senior QA Engineer, you will be a Commercial Missions Ground Segment team member, helping the whole team ensure that the software we deploy to our customers meets our quality standards. You will work with other QAs, Software Engineers, Product Managers and client representatives to successfully deliver SAR Satellite Missions. You will communicate with different development teams, create test scenarios based on requirements (manual and automated), execute tests (manual and automated), and report verification and validation results. Our team is striving for a remote-first approach, and hence the role can be up to 100% remote.Responsibilities:
- Ensure the quality of feature requirements by analysing and verifying them with the development team and product owner to as part of an agile team
- Ensure the quality of released features by developing detailed test plans, defining and creating test scenarios, executing test scripts, assessing test results, creating test result reports and reporting bugs and incidents
- Executing end to end test scenarios and validate the results against expected system behaviour
- Keeping our test automation technologies and approach up-to-date through the integration of automated testing tools and test harnesses as required.
- Create automated test scripts for new features, E2E etc.
- Communication with developers, QAs and project owners on various business requirements
- Support development team in issues reproduction and root cause analysis
- Report work progress continuously through attendance of daily & weekly project internal meetings
- Solid understanding of QA principles and practices.
- Ability to work independently and lead QA development activities as part of the development team
- Ability to communicate effectively with the Product Manager, team members and business stakeholders
- good coding skills [prefered Python as our automation is written in Python]
- Experience with Linux/Unix OS platforms
- Proven experience in Test Automation frameworks (Robot Framework, Pytest, etc.) and advanced knowledge of automated testing tools and procedures.
- Experience in automation of RESTful APIs and UI using Selenium, Playwright etc.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as GitHub Actions, Azure DevOps, Jenkins etc.
- Interest in learning to work with Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
- Good to have experience in performance testing using tools like locust, K6 etc.
- ISTQB certification
- Experience using AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience in a working environment following the Infrastructure as Code (IAC) approach and related technologies (e.g. Ansible, Terraform)
- Experience with different kinds of non-functional testing (e.g. performance, security, etc.)
- Experience of working with ISO 9001 and/or ISO27001
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, tourism, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation agency support etc.)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- Polish and English lessons
- Occupational healthcare and life insurance
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enabling you to focus
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Diversity& inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.
Please note that in accordance with ICEYE’s policy, voluntary consent for background checks is required for individuals being considered for employment globally.