Our products incorporate advanced electro-optic applications based on EOS core technologies in software, laser, electronics, optronics, gimbals, telescopes and beam directors, and precision mechanisms.
Electro Optic Systems (EOS) is an ASX listed Australian technology company operating in the defence and aerospace markets. Our products incorporate advanced electro-optic applications based on EOS core technologies in software, laser, electronics, optronics, gimbals, telescopes and beam directors, and precision mechanisms. With our headquarters in Canberra and a growing global workforce, we are experiencing exponential growth and are placed to become Australia’s leading defence and aerospace exporter.
The defence business develops and produces remotely controlled weapon systems and ancillary products. These systems are adaptable to suit potential customer weapon inventories and comprise state-of-the-art gimbal mounts, fire control systems and world-class sensor units. We continually strive to help our people achieve personal goals, engaging them in challenging and inspiring projects that shape our future.
EOS is an equal opportunity employer and we offer flexible work arrangements, flexible hours, paid parental leave, employee incentive scheme and additional annual leave.
The S1000D Implementation Coordinator is responsible for introducing an S1000D Interactive Electronic Technical Publications (IETP) capability into EOS. The role requires an in-depth knowledge the S1000D specification, Technical Publications and Simplified Technical English (STE).
The IETP capability will cover all EOS products globally. The capability will also author and maintain Manufacturing Process Instructions as required. The capability will also work with the Training team to ensure that our product offerings are world class.
- Develop, implement and maintain the R4i system into EOS to support EOS products and customers.
- Introduce STE into EOS technical writing and ensure that all future publications are written in STE.
- Ensure all documents are authored consistently.
- Engage with the Engineering and Logistic Engineering activities that support the development of documentations for EOS products.
- Engage with the Training team to support the development of training material as required.
- Support new business opportunities and assist in the development of responses to customer and industry enquiries including RFQ’s, tender responses; industry requests for information and other communication as required.
- Engage with customers and other EOS engineering groups both locally and internationally to ensure Technical Publications requirements are identified and met.
- Works Cooperatively with teams and individuals.
- Communicates well.
- Strong Interpersonal skills.
- Details oriented.
- Solution orientated.
- System thinker.
- Process disciplined.
- Degree qualification in Logistics Engineering or applicable field of study desirable.
- Minimum 5 years in Technical Writing role.
- Experience in defence or aerospace sector desirable.
- Experience with the IETP systems desirable.
- Experience with the R4i system preferred.
If you are ready for positive changes in your career, please forward your resume and covering letter outlining your experience and why you believe you are the right fit for our organisation.
We may review, short-list and/or conduct interviews for this role prior to the closing date of applications, therefore we encourage the submission of early applications.
Due to Australian Government security clearance requirements for this role, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.