Upload your business into space
The System Engineer is involved into the product engineering activities of the Railway Diagnostics BU, he will define the architecture and functionality of the diagnostic system, he will verify its configuration and operation. He will interact with the EMD, software, V & V departments in order to ensure proper functioning and adherence to the specifications of the diagnostic system. He will collaborate with the reference PROMs in the context of diagnostic systems development projects.
The resource will work within a technical team (System Engineering) of the Hardware Design function, reporting to the relevant team leader (System Engineering manager). Depending on the type of diagnostic systems to which the resource will be assigned to manage, the work will consist in the execution of the following types of activities:
- Receive the technical training given by the product specialists of the Concepts & Solutions team.
Support in the definition of Procedures, Operating Instructions and Tools related to the activities of competence.
- Supervise, together with the Project Engineers assigned in the Applications function, the design, production and testing of custom-made systems, facilitating their evolution in all phases.
- Carry out specific configuration activities (hardware, firmware and software), and factory calibration, taking care to train the team resources assigned to carry out similar activities in the field alongside, supervise and control.
- Collaborate with the Electro-Mechanical Design, Electronic & Firmware and Software Design functions in the management of system configurations and customizations for Production orders.
- Provide technical support to Production in setting up test benches and test chains.
- Provide technical support to the Quality Control functions in carrying out the testing and testing of components and systems.
- Provide technical support to the Verification & Validation function in carrying out functional tests, integration and acceptance (FAT) of the systems in the factory.
- Provide technical support to the Installation, Commissioning & Service function in carrying out functional tests and integration, fine-tuning and acceptance (SAT) of the systems in the field.
- Carry out system anomaly analysis and troubleshooting, involving all the necessary disciplinary skills.
- Draw up the technical documentation for the parts of competence.
- Attend meetings with a purely technical focus concerning the areas of competence with Customers of Production orders.
- Meet the suppliers of components and services relevant to the areas of competence.
- Degree in Engineering (preferably Electronics / Informatics), with good autonomy and communication and decision-making skills;
- Work experience related to the technical fields sought and in sectors related to HW / SW design;
- Ability to read and understand specific systems, mechanical drawings and electrical diagrams;
- Ability to use common laboratory equipment;
- Experience of Windows operating systems and computer networks;
- Knowledge of the English language;
- Willingness to travel in Italy and abroad;
in addition, the ideal candidate should possess: results orientation, initiative, innovation, good communication skills.
- Knowledge of rapid algorithm prototyping environments (eg labview / matlab);
- Knowledge of programming languages / development environments (eg Java, C, C ++, C #);
- Ability to use CAD tools.